Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska Cabin
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted
I saw in another post some interest in renting a cabin in Alaska. I work in Palmer for the Matanuska Susitna Borough and we have a cabin up for lease right now. The cabin is located approximately 5 miles from Willow Alaska on the Deshka River. The Deshka was the only river in SC Alaska were you could fish for King Salmon last year. The cabin has a two bed room loft, downstairs there is a living area, kitchen, bathroom. It is unfurnished and will require some finishing. It is wired for a generator and includes a Toyo heater, fridge, stove etc. Also included is 78 acres of land. There are also two smaller cabins on the property, one is good for overnights, the other is more of a tools/storage shed. A dock is also onsite for your tieups. Access is by boat or plane and snow machine in the winter. Upriver from the cabin are good populations of moose and bear. Trapping is great, and silver salmon fishing follows the Kings. There are also Northern Pike in the shallow sloughs. It is located in Unit 16A. Minimum bid on the cabin is $500/month with 3/5/10 year options. There are insurance requirements as well which are spelled out in the bid packet. I have included the picture of the cabin and information on how to get a bid packet. I have been in the cabin and it is a great opportunity for the right group. If I can answer any questions, feel free to contact me.

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote