Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

foot were ?
 Login/Join

posted
what can buy to keep my feet warm ?my feet freeze.the rest of me noproblem.need a boot to walk in an one to sit in blind .mainly boots for sitting in a blind.

Posts: 20 | Location: alabama | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainboy:
what can buy to keep my feet warm ?my feet freeze.the rest of me noproblem.need a boot to walk in an one to sit in blind .mainly boots for sitting in a blind.

USAF Bunny boots!

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the lacrosse iceman boots with the double liner are pretty good, for sitting in a blind try stuffing one of the chemical handwarmers in each boot

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
try a pair of Rocky's with 5000 grams of insulation. You Alabama folks get me laughing as I used to wash the car this time of year in the yard in Auburn in shorts and a t-shirt. 40 degrees is not cold to us 'yankees'.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mountainboy ----- Do what I do in Colorado where in the November Elk hunt it can get -22. I wear a pair of L.L. Bean insulated guide boots and carry a pair of Artic Shield insulated botties in my backpack for when I reach my stand area. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are in dry and cold conditions I like the USAF mukluks. They are warm to -30F when active and -10-20F when not active. If it's wet then bunny boots are good but bloody heavy.

For -40 go with a native design or Canadian military mukluks.

This page has lots of choices. A place called Quinn the Eskimo in Saskatoon has the Canadian boots.

http://www.omahas.com/index.php?cPath=5_35

Posts: 111 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 13 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks yall north61 great cite .think my feets are going to be warm..i think they sweet n then freeze .

Posts: 20 | Location: alabama | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
MB,

The older I get the more cold sensitive my hands and feet have become.

I’ve never used these but something like Wiggy’s Overboots should work just fine for your needs:
http://wiggys.com/moreinfo.cfm...188&CFTOKEN=73096341
Use lighter weight insulated boots for walking and then zip these on once you get to your blind or tree stand.

Good hunting!

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
the lacrosse iceman boots with the double liner are pretty good, for sitting in a blind try stuffing one of the chemical handwarmers in each boot

+1
They're the ones I have, and they are warm.
My son uses those toe warmers similar to the disposable hand warmers. I never tried them but he likes them a lot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muck Boots, Arctic Sport.

Warm and dry regardless of conditions.

Posts: 125 | Location: AK | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Akhutr has the medicine you need, my arctic sport boots are warm indeed to -30C If your feet sweet as you say or sweat like the rest of us use some underarm antiprespirant on them.

one of us
Picture of BHW
posted Hide Post
This what I use.

Cabela's® Trans-Alaska™ III Pac Boot
"Proven Performance!" Jeff King, four-time Iditarod champion
From the Iditarod trail to the treestand, these boots have proven they are true cold-weather performers. A 13mm Texel® removable liner reflects heat inward to minimize loss. Beneath that, the moisture trap footbed wicks away perspiration and condensation. A 1/2" layer of EVA foam, coupled with the nylon-covered Phylon midsole, puts 3" of cold-blocking material between your feet and the ground. The tough, flexible vamps are protected by a triple-layer, abrasion-resistant toe guard, and the rubber toe cap ensures longer wear. These 15" boots have a reflective, lightweight waterproof shell with lightweight, reflective nylon shafts. Radiantex™ reflective coating. The 8" liner allows for pants inside the boots, and the rip-stop nylon gaiter has a cord-locked drawcord to keep out snow. There's easy to tighten, thanks to a one-pull ball bearing lacing system. Inside, a heat pack pocket allows you to insert toe warmer heat packs. Replacement Liners and a Heat Pack also are available.

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Once you get your boots try some electric socks. I used them in -30 standing around a lot while cleaning up a Buffalo. Seriously cold but I never ever thought about my feet being cold. Sitting in a stand they would be awesome.
Take care
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MN Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainboy:
need a boot to walk in an one to sit in blind

I used to have this same problem but as I wanted to go farther and farther into the bush carrying that extra set of heavy boots got to be too heavy to be practical.

Now I wear one pair of medium warmth boots for me that is an 800 gm thinsolate boot. I now carry 2 pair of extra socks and as butchloc suggested several chemical hand-warmers. I prefer the ones that are made as toe warmers and have a adhesive that sticks to your sock.
When I get to my blind I take of the boots and the surprisingly wet socks(now I know why my feet get cold) and i put on the 2 pair of dry socks with the chemical toe warmer in-between the socks. It works really well and any temp. Just change out the toe warmers as needed.

Posts: 245 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 07 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MN Hunter:
the surprisingly wet socks(now I know why my feet get cold)
Try wool socks,and you will have warmer feet thumb

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote