THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Another Treadwell in the making???

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Treadwell in the making???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, looks as if it might happen again. And this guy taught science? Bear in Fairbanks

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/wildlife/story/8796365p-8697579c.html

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup, just a matter of time !! Of course they keep showing those idiots on TV like the recent cat program [ how close can I get to the lion !!!] There was a zoo visitor that lost an arm to a croc recently too. ..Well it does thin out the retarded . Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
he is going to be wolf food. the pack needs to be thinned.

Cold Zero

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Guy's a total idiot. The bears will eat him, sooner or later.
What surprises me, is he is obviously breaking the law and they won't throw him in jail. I wonder if there might be some political pressure involved?

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Didn't waste my time reading the article. The picture says a enough. thumbdown

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Irresponsible behavior by a pathetic man. If he wants to play russian roulette with bears that's his choice but when his behavior endangers the safety of others he's crossed the line. If he gets attacked it will be his own fault but if someone else in the nearby lodge gets hurt by a human-conditoned bear...that will be a unacceptable tragedy...a completely preventable one.

Posts: 449 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
unfortunately it is a "high risk sport" as one compared it to. I can see where a bear can be a neighbor and tolerate you but to actually promote numbers like that with dog food is just going to be a bad mauling in the end. the odds are against him even though he has a passion for befriending bears. too bad I am not around to let him feed them so I can take the pick of the litter thumb

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
......There is obviously more to it than meets the eye....The groups of bears around each other is a suprise.....Like with T.T. time will tell....The guy down at Pack Crik got on well with bears I understand......I do too .. They make great bullet testing media....

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent an email to Treadwell's organization right after he was eaten and said that all the anthropomorphism in the world won't change the nature of bears. This is entertaining, I guess, but quite unwise I think. It will be no surprise to someday read this fellow is bear poop.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Note the handy electric cattle prod!

Posts: 37 | Location: KODIAK, AK | Registered: 27 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He has not done anything that other animal trainers have not done. Conditioning with food. I seen this sort of thing in Vegas and Ringling Brothers. This is not to say its a wise thing to do. Treadwell was a first class nut job, this fellow lives in a remote area and he has some bears around. I once had a Woodchuck that would sit in my lap while I fed him leduce and carrots. Ok a 15 lb Woodchuck is not a 400 lb inland Grizzly, Then there was Bart the TV movie Bear. My guess is that there are not much in the way of people in this man's life, and the local wildlife is a subistute.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote