Find
Notify
Tools

416 guidegun back to ruger
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
well i finally got some ammo for the guide gun and the action wont cycle properly.she works fine if i cycle slow but when you get aggressive it jams up. the rifle holds three and number one and three will jam, the second shell loads fine.i spoke with ruger today and they will look at it and probably. polish up the action ect. what a bummer early bear is only a few weeks away,going to have to break out the old 35 lever gun.i just hope it comes back ok .

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tanoose,

what kind of ammo and bullets you used?

Phil

Posts: 1796 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 700xcr
posted Hide Post
Ruger will have it to you as fast as possible. When I sent my 375 Ruger Guide Gun to them because of a crack in tang area of laminated stock. They only had it for 2 days in their hand before shipping it back to me.

Posts: 191 | Location: Kennewick,Wa. | Registered: 20 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with a nice lever action!

Posts: 5708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted Hide Post
medved i was using Hornady factory ammo 400 dgx. and it did the same with my handloads

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted Hide Post
i got the rifle back they worked the action , it cycles fine now. i thought that was fast i shipped it on 8/25 and got it back today 9/2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine did the same. A little emery cloth on the edges and it feeds just fine now. Rough edges were catching.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's nice turn around from AK and back.

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted Hide Post
it was from NY to NH and back. i sent it 8/25 they received it 8/26 they finished it ans shipped it 9/1 i got it back 9/2