New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall Bear Hides
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am heading to AK to hunt Prince William Sound for deer and black bear. This is my first time hunting fall bear so what kind of shape should I expect the hides to be in?

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They should definately be in the shape of a bear. If for instance they are in the shape of a caribou or goose it'll mean nothing but trouble with the game warden. lol

sorry it's late and I coudn't resist!!

Have a good hunt.

The chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chef, don't you have some scouting to do, to see if you can find a ram to shoot at with a silly pointed stick? ;-)

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard, its hit and miss. usually fall bears will be nice and even. not to thick unless your hunting late season. Its been warm lately but it shouldnt have to much of an effect on bears.

I wouldnt really concern myself on it. it will more than likely be a nice hide.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calgarychef1:
They should definately be in the shape of a bear. If for instance they are in the shape of a caribou or goose it'll mean nothing but trouble with the game warden. lol

sorry it's late and I coudn't resist!!

Have a good hunt.

The chef

We will have a good hunt. Thanks for the laugh.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I deerly love those unbearable jokes.

Wink

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote