THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Is there a rustproof coating for blued barrels?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a rustproof coating for blued barrels?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is there a coating that can be applied to blued barrels / actions that makes them more rustproof? I have a blued 338 Win mag, that shoots very well, which I'd like to take to Alaska next year. With the weather up there I'd like more rust resistance (like a stainless). I don't want to get a stainless rifle when I have one that shoots very well already. However, I also don't want the thing to rust out on me either.
Thanks for the help.

one of us
posted Hide Post
wax has always worked best for me. Rennasanc ewax is supposed to be a little better than the rest, plus the can looks real cool. But it costs $20 for a small can and regular Johnson's paste wax costs $6 for a large can and has always worked just was well for me. But man, That Ren Wax can sure does look cool

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote