THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Lefty Ss/lam Hawkeye Alaskan 375 on Davidson's

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lefty Ss/lam Hawkeye Alaskan 375 on Davidson's
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There's one listed, but woowee at 1100! Over 400 more than what I paid for mine...If you really want one though....

...on earth as it is in Texas

Posts: 93 | Location: Magnolia, TX | Registered: 04 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The $1,100 figure is MSRP but the buy it now price is over $800 in my area. They also say they have 99+ in stock. They must of made another run of "leftover" parts since the other ones sold well.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The dealer price is most likely in the low $700 range. Looks like Ruger finally got smart and started making what lefties want. With another 100 or so of these rifles the price should stay low for a long time to come.
Great rifle, doubt if I ever sell mine.

Correction, dealer price is $769.99

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are showing "Your price" of $862.95 on the Davidson's website, but with 99+ these should be showing up on gunbroker pretty quick for anywhere from the low 800's for the good dealers to up over $1000 and "RARE!" for the guys that rely on suckers, uh, the less well educated customer.

http://www.davidsonsinc.com/co...num_rec=50&item_num=

Added: Just went and checked, there're two on there right now for starting bids of $770.

Can't say I wouldn't appreciate 2 more inches (what guy wouldn't?) in the barrel, but will agree with the sentiment above, good for Ruger for producing nice stuff for us lefties.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am glad they are doing another run. I know how badly I wanted one when I couldn't find any, and I have really enjoyed hunting with it. I've got a Vortex Viper 2x7x32 on it, and it is a perfect match. I hope another 99 lefties are happier with theirs, and I hope the dork that's had his listed on GunBroker for $1600-2000 for the past year finally takes his ridiculous ad down.

Posts: 93 | Location: Magnolia, TX | Registered: 04 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bud's gun shop has one listed for about $828 shipped IIRC. They have it mislabeled as a 300 but the description is correct when you click on the link.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would rather see a 338 RCM left hand stainless come out. I had one of these stainless 375 Ruger's, and I also have a lefty Blued 338 RCM. For my uses, the 338 is far more practical. Alaska would be a different story.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a lefty laminate stainless Hawkeye 30-06, and your 338RCM comment just gave me an idea. What about reboring /rechambering to 338-375 Ruger? Is there enough metal in the barrel contour, or should I just rebarrel? Seems like a handy little sporter in an asskicker of a chambering would be a sweet and very unique boomstick.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may want to consider a 338-06 as then your bolt face would not have to be altered. As long as the barrel is not an issue.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXpitdog:
I've got a lefty laminate stainless Hawkeye 30-06, and your 338RCM comment just gave me an idea. What about reboring /rechambering to 338-375 Ruger? Is there enough metal in the barrel contour, or should I just rebarrel? Seems like a handy little sporter in an asskicker of a chambering would be a sweet and very unique boomstick.

Just rebarrel it to 9,3x62 and be done with itSmiler
I had two of these done, still own one, and both feed flawlessly and are very accurate.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
US $604 as of today. Maybe they're not selling.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sale ended yesterday. I didn't check their site when the sale was on, but it must have been one day only. Back up to full price today, and lots left.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, that was a short lived steal, back up to $862 or so now.

Just sent a couple of emails to the CEO of Ruger thanking him for making left handed rifles in so many chamberings, and asking for the LH stainless models to be brought back.

Or, since they discontinued them I'm sure due to slow sales, at least to make some limited runs of SS models like the .308's and these .375's to provide a few every now and then for us more refined left handed shooters. Wink

For some reason I see they have a whole bunch of left handed SS .300 Winchester Mags left. SS .25-06's are still available as well.

I also asked him to lighten up - the .25-06 barrels, that is. I really like that caliber but 9 pounds all up is way too heavy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If their sale had lasted an extra day I would have ended up with one, but I didn't find out about it until the 13th. They still have 92 left according to the website as of this morning.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up (NIB, unfired) for $400 from an antique dealer. I think he picked it up from an estate. Got to love a good deal. I can't wait to try it out!

Posts: 48 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: 08 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received an e-mail from Bud's Gun Shop this morning with the selling price listed at $588, shipping included in the lower 48. Their item number is 56561. I have mine or I would be buying one.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

one of us
posted Hide Post
They are showing two different rifles.

The picture for 56561 shows what appears to be a normal LH stainless rifle without sights. Barrel length is listed at 20" but length is 43", weight is over 8 pounds, same as the .300 Magnumm. It is listed at $588.00

411552632 shows the "Alaskan" model and the description matches - 20" barrel but length is just over 40", front and rear sights, etc. with a weight of 7 3/4 pounds, and it is listed at $836.00.

I'd want to call and have someone tell me exactly which one is which before buying.

Also - a tip. I like Bud's but use one of their payment options that guarantees you get the rifle. I saw a LH M77 .243 on there, I've been loooking for several weeks, and used "buy it now". I sent in my money order via priority mail. In the meantime someone else bought it out from under me. Not ranting, shame on me, I should have used one of the other options. Just letting others know - they will sell it to whoever pays for it first, your order alone does not guarantee anything.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Same gun. Model 7100 brings up both and also the version they had a year ago.

Just not sure if it has the barrel band or stud. If its a 375, it will have sights. If it was a short action LH SS 338 RCM, I'd be in for sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim in Idaho:
They are showing two different rifles.

The picture for 56561 shows what appears to be a normal LH stainless rifle without sights. Barrel length is listed at 20" but length is 43", weight is over 8 pounds, same as the .300 Magnumm. It is listed at $588.00

That model shows as out of stock, or at least it did this morning when I checked.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote