Find
Notify
Tools

Win African 416 rem
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Mo
posted
Got lucky and received one of the last rifles made by the Winchester custom shop. Haven't shot it yet but that will come very soon. What quick detach scope mounts do you guys recommend?
It was the only lh action they had left when I ordered it last October

Posts: 237 | Location: Ga. | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have Talley's on my 375 H&H and they work great. No issues with loosening and they return to 'zero' correctly.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Mo
posted Hide Post
Are they better than Leupold?

posted Hide Post
Big Mo,

Congratulations on obtaining a 'factory' LH .416. thumb

I use Talley QDs on my LH Model 70 7mmSTW Custom Sporting SharpShooter and LH Sako AV .338 WinMag.
I use Leupold QRs on my .375H&H. I use Kimber/Brownell QDs on my LH Model 70 .470 Capstick.

They all hold tight and all return to zero.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Mo
posted Hide Post
George, I guess you could say "Custom Factory" anyway I was tickled to get it. Hven't shot it yet but just got in a sample pack from superior and will burn a few over the weekend.
Based on your info I'll stick with Leupold since thats whats on my 375 and mount a vxIII 1.5x5 on it.
stan