New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggest a stock...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Please suggest a stock for a lefty Remington 700 in short action. I like thumbholes with wide forestocks. It will be for a target gun with a fat barrel. Will never be carried in the field. Always shot from the bench. I'm thinking lefthand bolt with righthand port. Anything out there for me? Thanks.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
H-S Precision and Bell & Carlson make LH 'tactical stocks'.

B&C and Choate make LH thumbhole stocks.

However, a LBRP is not in their catalogs. As far as I know, Remington 700s do not come in LBRP configuration, so no one would have an off-the-shelf stock for it.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richards if you have time and feel lucky.

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J_Zola:

Richards if you have time and feel lucky.
I have one now on my big gun. My gunsmith told me to never bring him another. He's says they have too much wood on them, the inletting is crappily done and it's also out of alignment with the axis of the stock. They are so bad, he tells me the handwork to get the stock finished to accept the barreled action cost me $1700. He said next time, bring a McMillan and save a grand...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote