THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Left handed short action model 70.

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left handed short action model 70.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did did USRAC make any short action lefty model 70 classics? My wife and son are both lefties. Thanks

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No.

They did make a run of Featherweights in the .270 WSM, 7mm WSM, and .300WSM chamberings, but none in what most would consider 'short-action chamberings (e.g., .22-250, .243 Win., .257 Roberts, .308 Win. etc.).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you guys like the Win 70 platform consider ordering rifles from MRC.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The custom shop had some made. There are some around.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:

Were they built on short actions, long actions, or WSM actions?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:

Were they built on short actions, long actions, or WSM actions?

George

Short action/standard bolt face.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you guys like the Win 70 platform consider ordering rifles from MRC.

FWIW, I have two custom LH rifles built on MRC actions. There will be no more; my riflesmith tells me the actions were rough and needed a lot of work to make feed smoothly.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Featherweights in the .270 WSM

I have a lefty Featherweight .270 WSM. Picked it up used a few years ago. I'm very pleased with it.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote