THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Left Hand 204 makers... CZ?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left Hand 204 makers... CZ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am getting ready to buy a LH 204 and would like a little bit better wood than what comes on a factory remchester. Any thoughts on what my options are on maybe a factory upgrade. I have seen some CZ 527's in right hand models with "Fancy Grade" walnut stocks advertised. I do really like the CZ's and would love to pick one of them up with this upgrade. Is this possible on a left hand 527? Any other thoughts on a lefty 204 that wont break the bank but has decent/nice wood? I know Ruger and Cooper, who else am I missing?

Thanks,
Jake

Posts: 53 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 29 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CDNN had the Ruger LH 204 on close out a while back the Rugers I have bought lately had pretty nice wood, but it is always a crapshoot on what you get when you order.

kk alaska

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
You can always order a Coooper and pick your grade of wood.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ and I love it. It is very accurate with my handloads but phenominally accurate with Hornady factory 32-grain ammo. The CZ action is very compact and its a nice ergonomic action. The Ruger action is just too large for the .223 and .204 family of cartridges, even though I have a .223 that serves as a practice gun for my LH .375 Ruger.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Lyle:
You can always order a Coooper and pick your grade of wood.

As an owner of three Coopers (four if you count the wife's RH model) I would not recommend this. Cooper has really been sliding downwards as far as wood quality goes the last 4 or 5 year and without any grading standards in place they can call any stick they want as AAA, AAAA, or AAAA+, etc. Check out Hendershots and take a look at what they call AAA+.

Cooper does make a fine rifle but there new standard Classic rifles really don't carry any better wood than any other company. Upgrade at your own risk and expense but be prepared to be disappointed.

If you are hell bent on some fine fiqure buy a blank and then either have Cooper use it on your rifle (which they charge you for by the way) or have a stock maker build it to your specs.

Lastly, watch the auction sites as the earlier Coopers built at least 6-7 years ago wear some fine wood.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eyeman
posted Hide Post
I have a LH Savage 204 Ruger with less than 20 rounds down the barrel SS laminate stock and accutriger I am wanting to sell. PM me.

Paul Gulbas

Posts: 340 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote