Find
Notify
Tools

Left Hand AHR .458 Lott
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Double-D
posted
I thought you all might like to see some pictures of the rifle Wayne at AHR just built for me. I was looking for a bolt rifle that was dependable for hunting dangerous game, I have seen several african PH's packing CZ 550's. Wayne uses the 550 action for the platform he builds most of his rifles from. To make along story short I contacted Wayne and placed a order. Buy chance a few months later I had the chance to vist Wayne in Montana and have a look at some of the work he does. If I had any reservations they were completly gone after seeing the rifles he was finishing up. If you are interested you can contact Wayne at AHR, American Hunting Rifles

posted Hide Post
Fixed code. That is a handsome rifle!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double-D
posted Hide Post
Thanks George!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now THAT will make any red-blooded southpaw drool!!! Simply AWESOME!!!

Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
WoW!

That is a nice looking rifle.

I am curious about the Peep sight. Have you shot it with this set up yet? How tall is the front sight?

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
"WoW" is an understatement, that thing is gorgeous!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12578 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double-D
posted Hide Post
I have not had the chance to shoot it yet and the front site is taller but not that much. You see the leaf site has been removed so the front site is not obstucted. I like peeps and originaly ordered it without leaf sites but some buddies told me I had better have them put on in case I ever want to sell it. So the leaf site is in a box waiting for the next owner. But it might be along time, like after I die.

One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double-D:
... I like peeps and originaly ordered it without leaf sites but some buddies told me I had better have them put on in case I ever want to sell it. So the leaf site is in a box waiting for the next owner. But it might be along time, like after I die.

Very good thinking. Anything one can do to make a custom rifle (not to mention common brand items) more like what buyers expect protects value. I am a sucker for customs myself, but clean "standards" whether in guns, cars, houses, whatever, sell better. .458 Lott is getting to be a standard, and is an excellent choice, too.

I especially love the stock work, the chunk of wood and the fleur-de-lis checkering which is beautiful.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Double-D,

What brand is the peep sight? It doesn't quite look like the Rechnagel sight that NECG sells.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dayummm! That sure is one pretty piece of ordinance. I really like the wood grain and clean lines.

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautiful gun !!!!!!

i have a cz .375 with wayne to be used as a platform. already have .375 that is the best gun i have ever owned. down to choosing between 416 rigby or 458 lott.

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double-D
posted Hide Post
The peep has NECG stamped on it. I looked it up on Brownells, they sell for 85 bucks. It is a little peep on a post bewteen two big ears. It looks like study set up.

posted Hide Post
The only flaw in it, is that it is not in my gun safe. Love the wood.

One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
The more often I see this, it is simply stunning. Well thought out and beautifully executed. A purpose-driven beauty.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HOW MUCH??

One of Us
Picture of Double-D
posted Hide Post
You should talk to Wayne about price. I added lots of extras to the base price.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle you have there Double-D...Being a LH'er myself, I am a little envious.

I was talking to Wayne a couple days ago, and he told me of your rifle, if I'm not mistaken, your from Alberta as well?

Wayne did some work on a Roger Ferrell 458 Lott of mine a couple yrs ago, and I am in full agreeance on what you say of his work.

I am discussions with him right now on my next build, it will be a 404 Jeffery...my main decision is to use the CZ action, or splurge a little more & go with a GMA.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you ever have to sell it. I could give it a very nice home.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double-D
posted Hide Post
I have been out of touch for a while but I need to tell you that this rifle shoots very well with the peep site, but I expected it would. What I didnt expect was how comfortable it is to shoot. I dont normaly shoot the big ones more than 5 or 6 rounds at a time but this rifle could be shot all day without any pain or side effects. It is a pussy. In fact I dont even use my sissy pad. My only problem is my high consumption of plastic coke jugs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another one of Wayne's masterpeices. Good looking wood too. A really spectacular rifle!!

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote