THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Left hand aftermarket stocks

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand aftermarket stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted
I have a Remingtion 700LH sporter weight in #5 Whelen.
I was wondering what my options were for restocking.
I currently have the original timber stock I wanted to change it for something more stable.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1- McMillan

2- Bell & Carlson (it's a distant 2nd though.)

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll look them up.
My post is supposed to read 35 Whelen

Regards,
Bob.

posted Hide Post
H&S Precision has some left had stocks as well. The selection is better for Long Action than for Short Action.H&S Precision, Inc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Luns4d

Regards,
Bob.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might give accurateinnovations.com a look. I haven't seen the product, but their site is worth a look.

Posts: 282 | Registered: 25 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have owmed HS Pres.,Sold it felt wrong, Several Mcmillions, Still have them, Reworked a lot of factory RH synthetics to LH. The Basners are a good stock. The B&C can be heavy and lines not very handsome but they are stiff & well built.

Pics of Hi Tech Stock om my LH Rem 700 270 Ti Take off Barrel

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
KK that looks nice.
I just organized a LH Mcmillan ultralight, its in the mail.
The Aussie dollar has just died, 2 months ago it was .98usd to 1.00aud now its .62usd to 1.00aud. If I don't buy the stock now it will turn into a Mcmillions stock. That plus the word of mouth thing has prompted to make the plunge.
I am reassured that its not a burden to carry around and its not too savage in the recoil department.
Thank you everybody for all the ideas when I get it going I'll try and post a picture and a report on how it is shooting

Regards,
Bob.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reworked a lot of factory RH synthetics to LH.

kk,

Bless you, Pal.

Great minds think alike - or are either Very Good or Very Poor users & appliers of copious amounts of Accra Glass or Accra Steel Bed!

The Auto Paint Shop owner down the street from me has quit smiling when I appear; initially he thought he had another auto body customer - now he knows I just want another Off-the-Wall color applied to a synthetic stock!

thumb

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc. at M.P.I.fibreglass stocks makes a nice classic left hand stock for a rem.look at his web-site for pictures.Doc is one of the good guys

posted Hide Post
Anyone considering MPI stocks should first search this site for opinions on the quality of their products and customer service.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks George, I was about to order a stock for my l/hand GMA .505 Gibbs and was only waiting for the barrel profile.The forum suggests McMillan is this correct?Does anybody know if they make a L/H stock for a GMA action?

posted Hide Post
You're welcome, Dhufish.

McMillan will probably customize an existing form for you, but it may add appreciably to the delivery time and cost. Call them for an official answer.

Inthe 'a word to the wise is usually sufficient' department: consider a longer length of pull than usual and a 'classic' stock with no cheekpiece.

I ordered a McMillan stock for my Mark V with a longer LOP, and while they delivered what I asked for, they did not move the cheekpiece proportionate to the new LOP, so it's where it would be with a standard, 13.5" LOP. Roll Eyes

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, Get your neck adjusted to suit the stock?

posted Hide Post
Nah, I have to crawl the stock to get a proper sight picture when I shoot it.

It's a good thing I don't shoot that .300Wby much. Wink

George