New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH Hawkeye in 358?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was at a local gun shop today and was asking about a LH Hawkeye in 25/06. The dealer pulled out his catalog (I think it was Ellott Bros.) to get the number.
There listed in the catalog was a LH Hawkeye in 358 Win.!!! One thing that caught my eye though, was that the bbl. length was listed as 24 in. rather than 22 in. which is standard with the non-magnum cartridges.
Anyone else heard of these being available? There not listed on Ruger's website.
Anyway, I dropped the 25/06 notion and told him to order the 358.
Will let everyone know on Tuesday if it was a misprint or not.

Ken

Posts: 190 | Location: Mountains of Virginia | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VERY interested to hear the answer to this one, Ken.

Wow, a LH Hawkeye in .358...

Posts: 215 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I just got off the phone with the guy at the gun shop. The Ruger Hawkeye arrived today. The rifle does indeed say 358 Win. So, I guess they do exist.

I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow. I'll get some pics and post them.

Wonder what else is floating around that none of us know about?

Ken

Posts: 190 | Location: Mountains of Virginia | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's CM, not stainless?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes CM and wood....sorry forgot to mention that.

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew it was too good to be true.

Went to the shop today and pulled out a beutiful RIGHT HANDED Ruger Hawkeye in 358.

It was short action. I don't think Ruger has ever even made a short action LH.

The distributor is going to check things out and let us know WTF.

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yep, okay, thanks for the follow through nonetheless...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken in VA:
I don't think Ruger has ever even made a short action LH.
That's your downfall: you spent too much time thinking about it. No one could tell you. Well, told you so. coffee

Ruger has NEVER made a short action left-handed rifle. PERIOD. Not even for Bill, Sr. -- who was left handed. Considering the time and expense required to tool up and produce a left-handed rifle, it's safe to say it ain't happening with Ruger and a short action.

Approximately 15% of the population is "left-handed" and an even smaller percentage of that is TRULY left-handed. And still yet, an even smaller percentage of that number are actually hunters and gun owners. Do the math.

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JT,

I do the math everytime I go in gun shop or talk to a smith.

I must have missed your post where you tried to tell me to drop the whole issue.

If you know that much about Ruger, then you are well aware that they frequently make uncataloged guns available. And, you would know that they have a history of offering short action cartridges in the long action 77.

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
JT,

I do the math everytime I go in gun shop or talk to a smith.

I must have missed your post where you tried to tell me to drop the whole issue.

If you know that much about Ruger, then you are well aware that they frequently make uncataloged guns available. And, you would know that they have a history of offering short action cartridges in the long action 77.

coffee
Apparently math ain't your forte. And common sense ain't either.

Offering an uncatalogued chambering or an uncatalogued model using parts from an existing production run is one thing, but offering an entirely different model where retooling is required is another altogether.

I believe you made the rather uninformed statement "I don't think Ruger has ever even made a short action LH." That seems to indicate that you don't have much of a grasp of Ruger's offerings. Or maybe even what's offered in left-handed rifles market-wide.

No wonder the internet is an unreliable source of information.

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing, simply amazing.

Another one for the ignore list.

I nearly put you on it before because you never provided any meaningful or intelligent information. You always have the answer that the rest of us are too stupid to know. It's a shame that you're such an ******* to the posters here on the lefties forum. They deserve better. This is a good group of people, and they don't deserve your belittling statements everytime you post.

Now, for this dumb old country boy it's clear... donttroll

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You always have the answer that the rest of us are too stupid to know.
That's because you're always TOO smart to learn anything or use any "common" sense.