New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pondering a sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I am in a mood to make a change of sorts. I am thinking of selling two rifles. I will make up my mind in a day or two and wanted to see if there was any interest before I make up my mind. I know this isn't fair but I can't make up my mind.

I have a LH 700 long action that has had everything done that one can do for accuracy. Shillen trigger @ 3 lbs, fiberglass McMillan Sako semi varminter stock.

Here is the kicker, 3 barrels- 270 original to the gun and I think that it may be shortened I'll have to check, Shillen 220 swift stainless med heavy contour (will shoot lights out) chambered and left enough room to rechamber the barrel if I ever shot it out, and the third barrel is a 25-06 factory that we just screwed on and left it with the righting and sights underneath the barrel but it shot so well I just left it right there.

This gun is about 25 yrs old and I am torn about the sale but I need to fund another project and I really don't like Remingtons but when I built this I couldn't afford a control round feed action. Then MRC came along.

Second gun is Winchester M70 LH stainless wood stock 270. All original except for the pad but I do have the original and the box.

I am thinking of building a 25 Souper any of you guys have any experience with the caliber?

Email or Pm any interest in either rifle. I will not give them away but the price will be fair with the merchandise.

Please don't be upset my fickleness just bear with me as things on this end are just a little crazy right now.

Posts: 62 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 26 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Deakin...you have mail.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Bob. I didn't receive an email notification to the messages. I have replied to them I hope and will be in touch soon.

Posts: 62 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 26 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You better sell it quick now that Winchester announced the return of the M70Smiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
You better sell it quick now that Winchester announced the return of the M70Smiler

Yep, but, it could be years till we get LH M70s. Especially SS.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote