Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 VS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted
Hey guys. I'm looking at a lefty one of these in .308. Would anyone care to pass along opinions/experience with this rifle and maybe let me know what kind of performance to expect? Also, whats the most I should pay for it?

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've had two: a .223 and a .22-250. The .223 shoots half-MOA most days.

I didn't shoot the .22-250 much, as I had found the .223s to handle 98% of my varminting needs.

The trigger will need to be adjusted or replaced; the OEMS were too heavy and had lots of creep and overtravel on my guns.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
I have one in .308. Have had it about for quite a while, and it shoots very well. < .75" five shot groups with regularity. Load development was very easy, as it shot the first recipe I tried, so I haven't done anything further. The load is with Varget, Lapua brass, and Sierra 168 match. The rifle shoots to the same point of aim and with the same accuracy with Hordany 165 g. hunting bullets..my rifle has the factory trigger in it. I did change the firing pin/bolt shroud from the J lock, but didn't get a notable improvement in accuracy.

With some tinkering, I may be able to imporve on the accuracy, but........

Regarding price, I can't say, local markets vary as does condition of rifle. If it shoots good, and you want it, take a look at the on-line gun sales for an idea of it's current value.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in .308 that is several years old. It shoots lights out. All I have ever put through it are Federal Premium 168 gr Gamekings. First load I tried and it shoots well under 1" at 100 yds. The trigger pull was about 10 lbs out of the box, so I had that reduced to 3 lbs. I love this gun.

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
Damn guys, I didn't get it. Outbid while I was sleeping.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got one that I haven't shot much lately, great shooter, send me a PM if interested.

One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sam626:
Damn guys, I didn't get it. Outbid while I was sleeping.

What was the winning bid?

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
$840.00