THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    lh charles dailey 30-06 any good for a rebarrel

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

lh charles dailey 30-06 any good for a rebarrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i was looking at a few pawn shops and saw a charles daily 30-06 with wood and a higher grade blueing. are theses any good and could i rebarrel it ro something bigger like a 9.3x62 or bigger? they want 450+$ for is so I'm wondering.

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
if you decide against it please pm me details of the shop address.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I would grab it, it would be an easy barrel job to 9.3x62

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Holy Cow Man that's darn near free. Seems to me re boring could be good too for any of those bigger -06 based cart's.

375-06 has sounded neato to me for a while.

Posts: 9474 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have a left handed Zastava Mauser (same gun that Charles Daly imported) chambered in 458 Win Mag so you should be able to rechamber it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely you should grab it at that price when you consider that if you do happen to find one of the Charles Daly actions (the same action as what you found) still in the white, they go for that much or more.

JES Reboring can do a 9.3x62 rebore and have it back to you in pretty short order and for not a lot of money.

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thaks for all the input, ill post a few pics if it happens to come home with me.

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[URL= ]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[URL= ][URL= ]

i just could not leave this little fella behind in the rack.
whatcha think guys

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's a good deal.

That stock reminds me of an older Remington BDL style. It has a lot better wood finish than my Zastava came with.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want to sell it, shoot me a PM.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i won't be selling the metal but maybe the wood depending on what i end up doing with it. 9.3x62 for sure but not sure if i wanna rebarrel it or see about reboreing. the barrel seems pretty light and thin for the second idea.