THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Cheap, simple...why I like rem.700

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap, simple...why I like rem.700
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am just in the process of equipping my second Rem. 700 with a left hand stock. Right hand bolt action out of a left hand cheek piece stock is a simple conversion with minimal inletting required.....
The advantages as I see them are- Low cost, personalised conversion by retaining the original stock resale value is not compromised.
Right hand bargain rifle can be acquired and left stocked for $20/30, a couple of hours work and a JB weld pack...just as well epoxy bed / float barrel and sort the trigger simultaneously.
Right hand bolts to a left hander are what most are most familiar with; right hand cheek pieces and pistol grips are a different story.

Posts: 337 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Why bother when left-hand 700 rifles are so commonplace?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Finding lefty Rem 700's is much harder there in the UK so that probably makes it practical. We could probably do it here even cheaper but we have a larger selection of left hand guns so we don't have to.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Currently on Guntrader UK internet site there are 1700 b/a rifles for sale of which 37 are left handed! Thats about 50:1. If 25% of buyers are left hookers you can understand that most"make do" with a r/h stock.Consequently most are happy with a r/h bolt and indeed muddle along with a r/h stock!
If you order a left hand option you pay a premium price, typically 20% more then when you come to trade it they say "oh dear a left hand bolt, we have a job too move those on!"
My way you swap back to a r/h stock before selling, and buy at a better price initially.

Posts: 337 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote