THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Left hand Savage 220 20 Gauge Slug Gun

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand Savage 220 20 Gauge Slug Gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of my distributors just got in a shipment of these rifled barreled guns. I have a large quantity of Hornady sabot slugs so I might as well have a gun to shoot them. I will report on it when it arrives. I may buy a few more to sell if I like what I see.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2172 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen a lefty yet. I do have friends with the RH versions and they shoot very well, with the right ammo.

Posts: 2393 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a lefty that was in stock last fall at a local large gun shop. Got it scoped and sighted in. Used Warne maxima steel bases and low rings. It really likes the federal trophy copper 3". Paid 550 for it new

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I looked on Savage's website but didn't see it, is it a smoothbore or rifled barrel?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to the top bar, then to firearms, then browse models. It's listed in the specialty series under 220

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is rifled. I hope it shoots Hornady slugs, because I have a bushel of them.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered the gun with a Picatinny base made for the Savage 110. I mounted a scope very low and went to the range. The Hornady 20ga sabot slugs shoot a .452 pointed pistol bullet at around 2000 fps. My first 3-shot groups were 3 inches at 100 yards. Not bad. Recoil is about like a .308. The gun doesn't come with iron sights, but a rear sight made for an AR15 and a ramp front sight may be in the works. I could carry that bear hunting where a scope is an impediment at the close ranges we have in the rhododendron thickets.

one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Several guys I know that shoot these things say they really like the Remington Saboted bullets.

Accuracy in the 1.5" @ 100 yard range.

I was thinking of an Encore, but now rethinking one of these.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 681 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Even if it just shoots minute of zip code, it's better than that beastly POS you left with me last week. stir

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote