THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    looking for left hand 700 SA varmint stock

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for left hand 700 SA varmint stock
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All

I am looking for remington short action, left hand varmint stock. Am looking for one that has not been modified. If you have one for sale or knkow where I can find one, please get back to me.

Regards

Mark

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you get a hold of that fellow in WY I told you about?? He told me he wanted to sell the one I had. His name was RHYS gunsmithing. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom

Yes I did. They have done work on the stock to accomodate the rebarrel job, so it would require some work to fit a afctory action/barrel.

Thanks

Mark

posted Hide Post
Mark,

Let me check tonight; I may have one I do not need.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may have an unfinished CDL stock with no checkering still in the basement. I can check tonite if that is something you're interested

posted Hide Post
Thanks Ghostrider, but I am looking for a varmint synthetic stock.

George, thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a shame. That was one of the HS Precision stocks from a Remington varminter, and it was brand new. I really liked the stock also. But the Krieger barrel my other gunsmith ordered was too large for the channel.

How much work would it take?? I do not know how much it costs to buy a HS Precision from HS Precision. I know stock prices have went through the roof. The McMillan's are ridiculous. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Mark. I do not have any spare H-S Precision 700 SA Varmint stocks.

I found all kinds of LH stocks, but not that one.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
George, are any of the stocks you have for sale? if so, what might they be?

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I got a left handed H-S Precision varmint stock out in my shop that I am not using. Send me an email and I will take a picture of it snd email it to you. The stock is new.
nvwolfer@wellsrec.net
Thanks,
Gary

Posts: 74 | Location: Wells, Nevada | Registered: 05 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmfic1:
George, are any of the stocks you have for sale? if so, what might they be?

I was thinking, "why the hell do I need all these stocks?" as I was looking for something for Mark.

The ones I remember are (all Left-hand):
  • a couple of M-70 'Super Express' stocks
  • a couple of M-70 'Classic' stocks
  • a McMillan Fibergrain stock for Rem.700 ADL
  • a McMillan 'Classic' for M-70
  • McMillan 'Tactical' for Rem. 700 LA (the one with the adjustable cheekpiece and screw under the toe
  • Bell & Carlson for Rem.700LA
  • Choate 'Ultimate Sniper' for Savage M-10
  • and maybe one or two more
Eeker

There may be a sell-off soon; if so, I will post here first. Wink

George

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
George, several of those stocks interest me

please keep me in mind.

Thanx.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a synthetic stock, black and barrel channel for heavy barrel. stock came off of 243 win. Stock has been unmolested. PM me if interested.

Dirk

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote