Find
Notify
Tools

this stock sucks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted
i just bought a savage mdl 10flp in 223 and hate the stock. does anybody know of a lefty stock out there that doesn't cost as much as the rifle?

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have the 10FLP .223 and it shoots in the .3s regularly. My wife has the 112FLP .22-250 and it shoots almost as well. Both have the 'Tupperware' stock.

If that stock offends your sense of aesthetics, Choate makes the 'Ultimate Varmint' for about $190 .

Bell & Carlson also makes one for about $200, I believe.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
i checked with bell and carlson; nothing for us lefties

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
WHOA!!! Bell and Carlson have a lot of stocks for lefties. If you can't find them in the catalog or on their website, call their toll-free number. I've even got one of their wood grained thumbhole stocks for a lefty Rem700!

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
I guess I should have said nothing for a left handed heavy barrel savage. They do make 2 stocks specifically for the Savage heavy barrel guns but they are not available as lefties. I did contact them via e-mail to get this information.

posted Hide Post
Pick up the phone, and call them.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have the Choate (above) for a long range 22.250 Varminter that I'm building on a Savage action.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote