New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Daly mini action.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have not seen one in person. Since it is similar to the Zastava action with a different importer stamp.
Is the Charles Daly mini, a short actioned Mauser size, compared to the full size Zastava model 70 CRF. Or same as the small model 85 Push feed.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It's a small pushfeed.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fjold is spot on. It's a push feed, the same as the Zastavas 85. I have three of the actions, two of which I've had barreled. The third is waiting for me to make up my mind. Here's a couple of pics of the Charles Daly action action in the white. Sorry I don't have a good one of the extractor.

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mart Thank you. I appreciate the effort with the photos. It is nice for us lefty shooters, to have a place to get concrete answers from fellow AR LH members.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm on the slope right now but when I get home in mid December I can take some more pictures of the action if that would help.

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the mini action threaded for a barrel? Someone once told me the barrels were pinned.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2144 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Threaded. I don't know about the newer Zastavas 85's but the Daly actions are threaded. I'd be very surprised if any of them were pinned.