THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    price? - used Ruger M77 LH .270 Win.

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

price? - used Ruger M77 LH .270 Win.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for a LH rifle for my wife and found a used Ruger in very good condition at a local gun shop. (She currently shoots a Remington 742 in 30-06, but we are considering replacing it with a bolt action.) This Ruger has a Tasco 3x9 scope on it ( would probably replace it) and is priced at $569. Is that about what I should expect for LH models? I'm not in a hurry and am considering a larger caliber as there may be an elk hunt (hopefully!) in the years ahead. Any help and suggestions appreciated!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proud Dad:
I'm looking for a LH rifle for my wife and found a used Ruger in very good condition at a local gun shop. (She currently shoots a Remington 742 in 30-06, but we are considering replacing it with a bolt action.) This Ruger has a Tasco 3x9 scope on it ( would probably replace it) and is priced at $569. Is that about what I should expect for LH models? I'm not in a hurry and am considering a larger caliber as there may be an elk hunt (hopefully!) in the years ahead. Any help and suggestions appreciated!
That price seems mighty close to what a NIB LH Model 77 would cost. Of course, you wouldn't get a cool Trashco scope.

Since you're not in any hurry, I would keep shopping. Right now there's a used LH Model 700 Remington in .30-06 on Gunsamerica with a Simmons Aetec scope for $450 plus shipping. I spoke with the seller -- a pawn shop in Rowlett, Texas -- and he'll take $425 with shipping. However, he requires a cashier's check or USPS money order -- no personal checks accepted (which cramps my style a little bit due to my work schedule).

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
These are good people to deal with.

Try this

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the assistance!

posted Hide Post
I have a LH savage model 116 ss fluted barrel with the boss system and a leupold varixII tactical on it for $650.00.if your interested.e-mail for pics.

Posts: 22 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cjp - Thanks for the offer. Our deer season starts tomorrow, so my wife is going to use her gun for the next two weeks, then I will see if I can find anything locally to trade on before I purchase w/o selling hers. I will keep yours in mind, though, as I am not in a hurry and if I don't find something locally I will put hers up for sale.