THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    LH Cooper Model 52 available

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH Cooper Model 52 available
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I guess I should get out more. Maybe it's not news to anyone else but it is to me. I just saw a beautiful left hand Cooper Model 52 (repeater).
They are not mentioned on their website. I will start saving the $.
sbsmith

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Coopers Classic rifle can be built on the 52 and can be bought in calibers up to 338-06. They will also make any caliber in left hand they offer in the right hand 52 as well. Occassionly they pop up on Gunsamerica. But the best place I found to purchase/order a Cooper is from First Stop Guns in South Dakota. Ask for Mark, he will treat you rightSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to someone at Cooper about it a few months back. She said at that time they could do any version of the 52 in left hand except the fiberglass stock models. They have to pay the stock company to build the moulds for those, but if they get enough demand, they will do that as well.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan Cooper supported Boogabama. The company will never get a red cent from me. I don't care who was at fault or whose head rolled. If your company supports (even for one second) a hater of Freedom like we have in Booga, your company can kiss any chance they will ever get any of my money good-bye...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:
Dan Cooper supported Boogabama. The company will never get a red cent from me. I don't care who was at fault or whose head rolled. If your company supports (even for one second) a hater of Freedom like we have in Booga, your company can kiss any chance they will ever get any of my money good-bye...

Are you aware that Cooper rifles was sold?

The following was copied word for word from the rimfire forum:
(https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=518103&f=837108194&m=7671062701&r=3391092701#3391092701)

"I sent an email to Cooper earlier this week. I was concerned about the future of Cooper. This is the response straight from Dan. Here is his reply..."

Brian,
Yes, the company was sold to Wilson Arms back in July. The deal just recently closed, last week. Nothing has changed, nothing will change but to make the product better. The employees, management, and location are all the same. I am, however, no longer President or owner. The new owner is a hands off kind of person and does not want anything changed. I encourage you to order the rifle...like I say, it is only getting better.
Sincerely,
Dan Cooper

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably after the mess created by Dan caused it to go down the swirler...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you read closely, you will notice the company was sold long before the election, so he was not even involved with Cooper last fall.

If you want to poll every employee at Remington and Winchester too, and see who they voted for, you will probably be in for a shock.

This is not the political forum, so I'm not going any further.

What I am very pleased that the company of Cooper supports now, is the left handed shooters. Not too many companies are on the same track.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, well said. I owned two Coopers, one was a 22 mag that I never should of sold (dont ya hate when you do that) and currently have a 17 HMR in the LVT platform. Never did shoot the mag but if you like precision rifles they are sweet. The way the bolt travels and locks up makes you think you are handling a Freedom Arms revolver as the tolerances are very tight.
If you want a high quality rimfire in a left hand action built just the way you want it Cooper is the way to go. I'll try to post a photo of a Custom Classic .22 with all the bells and whistles when it finally comes in as it has been on order for about 15 months.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've owned several as well. I had model 21's in 22 PPC and 223, a model 22 in 25-06, a model 57 in 22 LR and I currently have a 57 in 17HMR.

I would like to see them offer a short action repeater, or even a 52 in short action calibers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You've heard the old bromide "I consider my self to be to the right of attila the hun". Well I resemble that remark. When the shit hit the fan I sent e-mails to the company and to Dan Cooper.
I have two Coopers, a 22 hornet and a 20 tactical, both in classics. The hornet was purchased used about seven years ago. The tac 20 was purchased last month I have no problem buying used guns from other gun owners. I wonder how many guys that protest Cooper firearms have mauser 98's, glocks, italian, czech, russian or jap firearms etc. Give me a break.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote