Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber 8400?
 Login/Join

posted
I searched through all the posts and couldn't see anything somewhat new on a Kimber 8400 in LH. If anyone has updated info I would sure appreciate it. I have been in the market for a new big game rifle and a Kimber seems to be the odds on favorite for me. If there are other suggestions on a fantastic lefty I am all eyes. :-)

Mule deer and elk are my main quest. OK, my main quest is getting another gun past the wife.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board.

Unless there is some new rumor going around, I wouldnt hold my breath waiting on a Kimber.

I am a LH'er too, and would love a Kimber, but just dont think its gonna happen.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I believe Kimber has gone on record as stating that a Left hand rifle is not in the forseeable future. Boddingtons pimps their rifles on a regular basis and has written many times about the need for a left hand rifle to come out of their shop. I would think is anyone could make it happen, Craig could, and it appears he has been unsuccessful. We can always hope, but I doubt it will happen.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When Kimber was on the left coast (Oregon) they knew there were left-handed people. When Kimber moved (yes, I know they are two different companies) to the right coast (NY) they forgot all about the left-handed people!

Posts: 282 | Registered: 25 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would buy two or three before I decided what caliber I wanted first!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I already know what calibers I'd be grabbing if Kimber ever brings out a LH Montana Roll Eyes

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wrongside:
I already know what calibers I'd be grabbing if Kimber ever brings out a LH Montana Roll Eyes

Ya..........all of 'em

Nah, I got enuff variations of alot of things. But I do have a hole my my collection for a 9.3 or a...........ah never mind.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmfic1:
quote:
Originally posted by Wrongside:

Ya..........all of 'em

Nah, I got enuff variations of alot of things. But I do have a hole my my collection for a 9.3 or a...........ah never mind.

You are terminal with gunnut-itis, I'd say.....

Certainly don't need it, but I'd be grabbing one in 708 and..... oh wait, I may be terminal as well.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote