THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Left hand Win M70 Actions?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand Win M70 Actions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was wondering if any of you out there know if Winchester made any left hand Model 70s in a short action?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ghostrider272:
I was wondering if any of you out there know if Winchester made any left hand Model 70s in a short action?
The standard catalog offerings for short action LH Model 70s were all in WSM calibers. However, the custom shop did turn out a few standard bolt face calibers and I have seen one in .308 WCF. There are better choices at that -- the Winchester custom shop's -- price.

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Not as a regular production item. As already stated, the WSMs were the only short cartridges offered in production M70.

The Custom Shop may have built one, but I never saw any cartrdiges shorter than '06 length offered in the catalog or online.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
The Custom Shop may have built one, but I never saw any cartrdiges shorter than '06 length offered in the catalog or online.

George
They were listed in the 2005 Winchester catalog under their custom shop offerings. The price was somewhere in the neighborhood of $4K.

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two. .300 WSM and 7WSM. Both short actions.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are either of those for sale?

Posts: 203 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are usually one or two Lefty WSM's for sale on gunbrokers at any given time.
300 WSM seems to command the highest price
270 WSM is second
7 mm WSM is the cheapest of the three.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
there were a few on Gunsamerica last I checked

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote