Find
Notify
Tools

Ambidextrous Single Shots
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sjm
posted
I was looking at my single shot rifles and was checking to see which ones are true ambidextrous or more inclined for right handers ,my conclusions

Ruger No1,Tropical, .450/.400 can be used by lefty but design of action has less steel on side of shooters face if being used by a lefty may be less safe but very remote.

Browning 1885, Lo-Wall 223Rem. and Hi-Wall .30/06, seems to be truly ambidextrous

Colt-Sharps, .30/06, This has a cheek piece for a right hander and safety is for a righty but can be used by a lefty

Martini, another ambidextrous design.

Hoe does every one view lefty single shots? are they true ambidextruos or right handed design?

sjm

12x12/9.3x74R

Posts: 134 | Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a lefty and I own a Dakota M10 that is truly ambidextrous. Check one out.

Posts: 156 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All of the above mentioned actions are ambidextrous, however the stocks sometimes have cheekpieces or palm swells on one side or the other, so that could be a determining factor

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a TCR87 and it works pretty good LH. The safety is a two stroke design. Push in a plunger in front and then slide the safety to the side. It's safe, but not user friendly...esp. LH.

Posts: 282 | Registered: 25 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Thompson/Center's in all thier formats are about as Amidextrous as you can get with a bunch of vesitility, too.

The Blaser K-95, too but like many Breach Loaders the "Lever" swings to the right for a right hander - not that is't much of an issue. you can get your stock any way you desire, Ambi, RH or LH.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote