THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Right Handed rifles that are safe for lefties?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Right Handed rifles that are safe for lefties?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Had a factory primer let go on a factory round.
In a RH Ruger Tang safety and about cost me my right eye. No safety glasses. But was dissapointed with gas handling of RH Ruger.
Thinking of the rifles I have and wanting to avoid shooting RH rifles LH. What RH rifles have gas reliefs not on RH side? Shooting most
RH rifles Left handed puts your right side of your face in line with the gas relief. Some rifles vent gas down which would probably lessen
problems.

What I am asking is others thoughts on what RH rifles lessen exposure on gas relief shooting LH. Ruger #1 and Savage 99 would probably be ok for LH shooting.

kk alaska

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I believe 98 mausers vent into the magazine.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked at a RH Tikka and the gas relief was on the LH side?

kk alaska