New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH CZ .375 H&H Mag.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was talking with CZ in Kansas City on Thurs. and was told they have 33 of these in stock for immediate delivery.

Passing on for FYI.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. There are also a couple of LH Model 70s for sale on Gunbroker.com and AuctionArms.com last I checked for around the same price.

A good thing for us lefties...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifles. I was lucky enough to find a dealer who had one on sale and picked one up for $999. Really enjoy mine but never would of bought one at the current selling price of approximately $1,800. Little "fat" but it soaks up the recoil nicely and love that fact it will hold five down.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no personal knowledge of this, but a fellow told me that the CZs continue to be rough operating with use, and his Ruger got smoother. I know about Rugers because I have several and they do get smoother if you'll sit down one evening watching TV and just continually cycle the bolt. Can anyone comment on the CZ?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I own the CZ in .375H&H. Not sure about a rough action. Its built on a Mauser type action , and the feeding is as reliable as you want any DG rifle. Out the box , mine has not given me a minute's problems. The only problem I do have is the quality of the stock. Thinking about changing to Synthetic. But, then again, how many wooden stocks pass as a working rifle in Africa?
I would not hesitate to purchase another CZ.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1374 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bud's has them for $1689.00, still pricey.

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
I have no personal knowledge of this, but a fellow told me that the CZs continue to be rough operating with use, and his Ruger got smoother. I know about Rugers because I have several and they do get smoother if you'll sit down one evening watching TV and just continually cycle the bolt. Can anyone comment on the CZ?

Although the round count in my CZ is low the bolt has been cycled many more times. It is way smoother than any of the Rugers I own. Not one hiccup or bind while feeding or extracting.
Others seem to hate the set trigger but so far I enjoy it as it makes shooting off the bench a little easier.
One of these days it will go in to have the barrel shortened to 22 inches.

There is nothing else on the market like it for anywhere near the MSRP that is a lefty 375, holds 5 down, with the receiver notched for scope rings. The three leaf Safari sights might be over kill, but it looks coolSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
My LH CZ 375 is as slick is can be, it has the AHR upgrades. I also have LH MRC in a 458 Lott. With hindsight being 20-20 I would have bought two CZs and re-barrelled one to 458 Lott.

IMO the CZ is a much better firearm than the MRC.