Find
Notify
Tools

left hand over under?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted
I can not find anything in the browning product line that mentions a left handed over under, is my only choice a custom stock?

Thanks, John

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Browning have no cast.

Posts: 7 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beretta 686. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a Beretta 682 Gold E w/left cast. Not too sure but my buddy and his son both have left cast brownings. There are a few stocks out there.

NRA life member,Colt Armoror

Posts: 33 | Location: NY | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can bend a wood stock, for cast on or off.

one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
Thank You for the replys I will look into the 686 and take a look at the Browning.

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,

I cannot speak for the Browning & Beretta SKU's (models) that are available in the US but here in The Fatherland and adjacent countries in Continetal Europe BOTH companies offer left handed (cast-on) stocks on many O/U models. Both Browning & Beretta's current European brochures mention L/H stocks as an available option.

Our Club has a L/H stocked Browning Trap, I am unsure of the specific model but it is the model that had a red model desigation on both sides of the receiver.

While I've become pretty accustomed to the straight stocks on my Remington 3200's and Winchester 101's I've shot both the L/H stocked Beretta's and Brownings and managed respectable scores with each.

I figure they've got to be out & available there somewhere - Good Luck.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
John,

Millers Guns

http://www.millersguns.com/new_list.htm

sells new 425 with LH wood in 12, 20, 28 and .410. They are very nice. See adds in Shotgun Sports. Also, Blaser makes the F3 in pure left hand configuration (wood and action release lever). The F3 is a top notch competition gun that handles like a dream, but it's more expensive (about 2x). If interested contact Pacific Sporting Arms in Azusa CA.

Regards,
LJB

LJB

posted Hide Post
bill hauss guns has cast on and off for both lefthand and right hand shooters he has a website just google bill hauss guns... i'm left handed and have a browning 16 ga. that was bent
orvis also offers a custom fitted gun for left handed shooters....orvis has a deal on 410,28,20 gauge tri gun... john rano is the gunsmith at orvis very helpful

Posts: 7 | Location: Lower Alabama | Registered: 07 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to a company that always seems to have left hand stocks for Brownings. I bought one for my citori quick and easy change over.
MidSouth Shooters Supply

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe it is Bill Hanus birdguns. I got a 16 ga. Browning 525 field from Bill and paid $300 for the lh cast. It was worth the money and Bill was great to work with. This seems to be the going rate for stock bending.