THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Blaser R84 Switch-Bolt, Switch-Barrel Rifle

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser R84 Switch-Bolt, Switch-Barrel Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've noticed that the one rifle I don't see discussed here is the R84 Blaser. It was the percursor of the straight-pull R93, but was a conventional 60 degree turnbolt rifle. The barrels interchange with no adjustment, and, what's good for a lefty, is that the left and right hand bolts interchange on the same rifle. The scope stays mounted on the barrel so rezeroing is never needed. I've owned one for years and just bought another receiver and a bunch more barrels. I put one on gunbroker for sale in case you haven't seen one before. They're no longer made, but there are plenty of used ones around. I know of a dealer who has new receivers and barrels but doesn't have magazines and bolts for them. I'm negotiating now to buy his inventory. My gun has a left hand magnum bolt and I'm still looking for a left hand standard bolt. I use a right hand standard bolt with my standard caliber barrels. If anyone wants to part with a left hand standard bolt, or trade one for a right hand one, let me know. I have extra magazines and barrels if you need anything.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Vol,
I saw the R84 before the R93 and thought I had to have one until the R93 came out. The thing I remember about the R84 is the bolt was so smooth in its working.
Have you been over to see the guys at blaserpro.com? I seem to remember some posts about the R84 there. I shoot a R93 & K95. Wouldn't part with either of them.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote