THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    ruger 375 stainless/ green lam scope?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ruger 375 stainless/ green lam scope?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Back in Sept/ Oct I was lucky enough to stumble across one of these for less than $700. I had been reading here and other places about these stocked with green laminates, stainless steel, open sights, and left handed and how few and far between they were. It was at Hinterland Outfitters in Texas. They were great about communication/ shipping- my first online purchase of a firearm. Anyway, gun arrived, I've shot it very little with facotry ammo, and am planning to reload and shoot more this spring and summer.

My goals is someday Africa, but before that mostly paper shooting and maybe a deer or two, and some wild pigs if its possible in my locality or on a strict budget.

I really want to scope the rifle, and am wondering what all of you who have the same gun have used (or other stainless) - I'm particularly interested in stainless/ silver scopes to match the finish of the gun. I thinking a variable scope with low power of no more than 2.5x. I prefer leupold type scopes pricewise and quality wise, but am willing to branch out(trying to keep to same as price of gun or less). On manufacturer web sites I have trouble finding out which models they have in stainless.

If you have suggestions and comments I'd love to hear them, and see pictures if you have them.

Posts: 168 | Location: Lyndonville, NY USA, en route to Central Square | Registered: 24 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
A green laminate? Never heard of them on these Rugers.....Do you have a picture you could post up on here?

I have the same gun, but blue/grey laminate. I have a Leupold Vari XII 2-7 on it, I love this scope & have several. Mine is Matte & IMO looks far superior to a Silver scope....I dont like silver scopes at all (way too shiny), especially with the grey finish on the Hawkeye....matte just looks way better to me.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 3x Leupold on mine. Works great.

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a matte 1.5 X 5 Leupold on mine. Prefer
black matte to SS on SS rifles also.

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1.25-4 Leupold Euro with the 30 mm tube standard duplex black matte.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the 1.75 X 6 Leupold matte on mine.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rod/ cmfic - its like the 416 posted in the thread here:

thread with green lam stock

but in 375 ruger.

Posts: 168 | Location: Lyndonville, NY USA, en route to Central Square | Registered: 24 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Oh...thats like mine too, not sure how a guy figures thats green?!?!?!

I kinda thought it was grey/blue, mine doesnt have a sniff of green in it.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now I get it, St. Patrick's day! I've never seen a green one but I've sold a bunch of black/gray laminated ones. I only have two left for sale.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a leopold VX III 2.5x8 matte on mine and it works great.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife agrees its green (with some grey and black.) I don't think its different from anyone else's but I'll post a pic sometime this week.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i put on mine a lovely factory vxII 3-9x40 composite paint (her name) and looks very nice ...

Posts: 1794 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote