New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zoli Left Hand Bolt Guns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just discovered that there is a US importer for Zoli guns. I contacted them and they can import left hand bolt guns fairly easily. I'm going to set up a dealer account with them and I'll order a couple guns just to see what they are like. Does anyone there have any experience with the guns? They look like an action I have seen before somewhere. The extractor looks like a SAKO. Any opinions?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HUSQVARNA 1900 action according to their site.

Posts: 215 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Husqvarna! Good! I have several HVA 1600 rifles in stock. They are very light and smooth operating. I'll look into it further.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Interesting guns. I'm surprised that they don't offer any guns in 7x57.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12589 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know what they're asking for a rifle... Vol, let us know when you find out!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vol717,

I had a great time discussing Zoli 1900 rifles with the Zoli rep at SCI last week.

Specifically, we discussed MY left hand Zoli 1900 in 9.3x62 Mauser. I picked up one in Germany when stationed there about 6 years ago. I selected the Zoli for two reasons. One, the caliber for use in Africa and two, because Zoli made a left hand version. It is difficult to get left hand firearms in Germany.

The 1900 is not a CRF, but is push feed. I never had a problem with the push feed hunting in Africa and the bolt is very smooth to cycle. The single set trigger is a dream to shoot with, both off the bench and with sticks. The 1900 is very accurate - best group was a clover leaf at 100m with 286gr Nosler Partitions. Naturally, the set trigger helped.

The left hand version is rather plain Jane.

The iron sights are good should you need them.

I payed about 1000 Euro ($1400) for the basic rifle 6 years ago, so I cannot give you a curent U.S. price.

Hope this helps. If you need/want more info PM me.

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Don,

Why did you buy a Zoli instead of s Sako?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George,

Basically it came down to avalability and caliber. I looked at other brands, Sauer, Heym, Blaser, etc., but was not happy with the costs. I liked the Heym SR-30, but could not justify the cost and production time.

In Europe, shooting off the left side, puts us at a severe disadvantage in avalability of firearms. There are just not that many. But, I see the same thing here, but it is getting better - except at gun shows.

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Don. I was just curious. I have owned several left-hand Sako AV rifles (7mmSTW, .338, .375H&H) and all have been superb. It is still my push-feed of choice. Wink

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally talked to the rep today. I am going to order two guns to see what they are like. The basic left hand gun will cost about $1000 in any caliber. They go up from there. I'm thinking of ordering a 6.5X55 and a 9.3X62. I'd better order right hand guns if I plan to market them, but if anyone there wants a left hand gun, let me know and I'll add it to my order.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vol,

You got a contact for the rep? I'd be interested in chatting with them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you have the exchange rate wrong. I believe that it is currently about 6.3 to 1. That makes the Zoli about $1400 US.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Frowner

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote