New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB LH Bolt Action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for a LH, light recoiling bolt gun in the 25.06---7mm08 class (perhaps up to 270 win.). I have two left handed boys, ages 11 and 13, that are moving up from their .22's. I don't need anything too fancy.

posted Hide Post
Rem 700 youth model 708, 243 under $500

Posts: 173 | Location: Pa | Registered: 02 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelakerman:
I'm looking for a LH, light recoiling bolt gun in the 25.06---7mm08 class (perhaps up to 270 win.). I have two left handed boys, ages 11 and 13, that are moving up from their .22's. I don't need anything too fancy.

I have a lh ruger mk2 that I intend to sell alond with a lh aanschutz 1416. Email me at penatesjbh@charter.net if you are interested.

Posts: 5 | Location: Out in the Wild Wild West | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only one I have has a 14 1/2 LOP, XXX Circassian walnut in .25-06, Douglas Supreme heavy barrel on a Savage action, the gun built during the 60's by Bryan Rader from Miami. It's more than you're looking for and probably too big for the kids, but I would sell it if I could get a good price. Don't really know what it's worth. Rarely use it anymore, but it sure is pretty.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're probably right.....too heavy for the boys but I'm a lefty too and know some others that look for LH rifles. I have no idea what it's worth either....Give me a number.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
You still interested in a LH rifle? I'll PM also.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep....Still looking. What do you have??

posted Hide Post
Good for you dad. The boys will appreciate their new rifles. Ruger manufactures their new Hawkeye in 25-06 LH, Browning offers the 7mm-08
in an A-Bolt, Savage offers several LH configurations, some are in blind magizine configurations and are pillar bedded. I can only speak about and old 30-06 LH Model 700 I
have been using for 30 years. Good luck in your quest.

Posts: 18 | Location: Central Mississippi | Registered: 23 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelakerman:
Yep....Still looking. What do you have??

You have a PM

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkerpls:
Good for you dad. The boys will appreciate their new rifles. Ruger manufactures their new Hawkeye in 25-06 LH, Browning offers the 7mm-08
in an A-Bolt, Savage offers several LH configurations, some are in blind magizine configurations and are pillar bedded. I can only speak about and old 30-06 LH Model 700 I
have been using for 30 years. Good luck in your quest.

Funny, I still have my 30yr old 700 BDL LH 30-06 which was my first left handed rifle.

I may be burried with that rifle. My kids are righties.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
My son and I are both left handed. When he was old enough to hunt I opened the gun safe and said take your pick.

He responded that he wanted his own rifle not one of mine. My heart sank as he couldn't buy anything better than he was looking at.

We settled on a Remington 700 BDL in .308 because reduced recoil loads were available as well as other cheap ammo. I don't handload. The only modification made was to eliminate the blind magazine and replace it with a clip feed. This was done to make it easier for him to make the gun safe everytime he had to.

He loves the gun and now five years later he would rather shoot his gun than take something else from the gun safe that he believes is mine.

I love hunting with him and he is a great shot.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
thelakerman, you have a pm.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote