Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Hawkeyes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted
I figured someone here could answer this quickly. Does Ruger make both model Hawkeye 375Rugers in LH?

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
usually gunbroker.com has a few LH 375 Africans. I do not think they have done one yet in synthetic. also check gunsamerica.com

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not think they have done one yet in synthetic.

I have never seen one with a synthetic stock, they do not even show one on their website. Might be a synthetic stock in the after market. I have talked to a few people who have bought the Hawkeye 375 Ruger and after they made a few modifications (like bedding, extra crossbolt and better recoil pad) they love it.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wrote Ruger asking if the 'Alaskan' was planned for LH production. The answer was a resounding NO.

To bad, I'd have my money on the counter soon as I heard they were being made.

No LH models are being produce with a synthetic stock either. Several companies, McMillan and B&C among them, do offer 'synthetic' stocks for the LH M77MIIs though.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
isn't that interesting? they are selling more than they predicted (and would sell more Alaskans if they built them for LH shooters!) yet they don't.

I think they know the folks at CZ...

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The synthetic stock the Alaskan comes with is junk compared to a McMillan or Lone Wolf stock. I picked up an LH African cut the barrel to 21 inches (the Alaskan has a 20 inch barrel while the African has a 23 inch barrel) put a barrel banded sling swivel and banded front sight from NECG, Robar NP3 finish, ordered a McMillan stock and now have a nice North American-Alaskan rifle. Yes, I have 2,000 in it but it's done right.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Further to my previous post. I also wrote Ruger to inquire if the Hawkeye would be available in a LH SS version and was told 'no'.

Last night browsing a Canadian gun site, what do I see but a used LH SS Lam. Ruger Hawkeye in 7RM for sale. Surprising, given the answer I'd received right from 'the horses mouth'.

Hopefully a similar surprise is in store for the 'Alaskan' 375Ruger. Wink

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote