Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parts
 Login/Join

posted
Hey all. Where can I find a supplier for left handed parts for a Remington 700?

I have a Stiller Predator action in the works but I need a trigger and detachable magazine setup if I can find it. The action already has a bolt stop, so I only need a top safety on the trigger. I don't have to have a detachable magazine but I'd like to for legal reasons since some states don't allow "loaded" firearms in a vehicle.

This is going to be a short action medium game rifle in 7mm-08 or maybe .308 just to keep my ammo options open.

Thank you for your time.

NRA Lifer
JPFO Lifer
GOA Lifer

Posts: 17 | Location: PSL, FL | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would try Brownells or Remington themselves.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I checked both places, before I posted, and they don't offer much, neither did Midway.

NRA Lifer
JPFO Lifer
GOA Lifer

posted Hide Post
Try gunbroker.com

That's where most of the parts moved when ebay banned their sale.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you might want to consider bottom metal / detachable mag parts from HS Precision.

Posts: 503 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
I thought they didn't make left handed actions in the Stiller Predator Line. At least they didn't when I called them.

SPF Hunting Actions

SPF Hunting Actions
These actions are suitable for big game hunting use.

Although other SPF actions may also be suitable, these are the ones we recommend. These actions are the only actions we make in repeater models.

Predator® Action

RBRP Predator
The Predator line of actions are designed for hunting type of use. It is a drop in replacement for the Remington 700 series actions. It is available in both single shot and repeater versions in right bolt right port only.
Short actions have 223, 308 and magnum boltfaces, long actions have 308 or magnum boltfaces. We also have an XP length single shot action that is 0.500 shorter and a larger 338 Lapua version, the Predator Extreme.

http://www.viperactions.com/home.htm

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Stiller has started making them now. I got in on a group buy on Snipers Hide and ordered one about 2 months ago. The action will be ready about February.

Here's a link to the thread.
http://www.snipershide.net/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=sho...=252933&nt=7&fpart=1

I'd like to try and get my rifle together for next years deer season in Kansas if possible.

NRA Lifer
JPFO Lifer
GOA Lifer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JFE:
Perhaps you might want to consider bottom metal / detachable mag parts from HS Precision.

I'd like to use HS Precision parts, but does anyone have a source for them that's cheaper than HS themselves?

I'm trying to get the good parts, but I'd like to save a little cash if I could.

NRA Lifer
JPFO Lifer
GOA Lifer