THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    LH Ruger 458 Lott / 338 RUM

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH Ruger 458 Lott / 338 RUM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am selling two left handed rifles (so far)at Gunbroker.com #'s 84722869/84722369. They could have different scope options such as a Kahles 1.1-4 30 mm on the Lott and Leupold LPS 2.5-10 30 mm on the 338. I might even sell my 375 and Searcy 470 and just start over.

Thanks for you consideration,

Mike

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do you have for the 375 and the Searcy?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Browning A-Bolt 375 and the last PH model Searcy has put out. He is currently not taking any new orders as he has too many for the more expensive ones. It would be difficult to part with the Searcy, but I am considering it.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Searcy reopened to taking orders for the PH model but the pirces are way up there.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are right Snowwolf as I hadn't checked the website before I posted. The basic PH model is now up to $ 12,000. Thats what I like about quality double rifles - they only go up in value.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
corecpa, how did you manage to get a Lott and an RUM stuffed into a Ruger stainless action that was only designed for a max C.O.L. of 3.4? How much work was it?

Joe

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Joe,

They are two seperate rifles. A RUGER Safari Magnum LH in 458 Lott and a LH Remington 338 ultra mag.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe,
If you are asking how he managed to do a Lott on the Ruger there has been several articles published about a gunsmith named (I believe but cant confirm) Atkinson. Story I heard he was a friend of Bill Ruger and did a conversion to 375 H&H for someone. I do not know how many he did or if other gunsmiths followed his path or went ahead and converted to the Lott.
Perhaps others here could chime in and fill in the missing story line.
I remember reading the article and it really wasnt very difficult for him to do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this thread.

The Ruger 458 Lott is a custom rifle. There were only three of them built. One for Bill Ruger Sr., one for Bill Ruger Jr, and this one. It was custom built by the late Bill Atkinson. NECG sights. Completely adjustabe for windage and elevation with adjustment wrench. Ruger 1/4 rib incorporated in barrel design. Stetched action. Fiber optic bead front sight. The orginal LOP was 13 5/8", but I had it extended to 14 3/4" over a decelerator pad. 26" Shilen select-match stainless barrel. It has both the Ruger Standard and forward Scout scope mounts. Includes a Leupold 2.5 fixed scout scope on Warne QR rings. Includes 25 rounds Federal TBBC 500 grain and 12 Federal Solids 500 grain. I will throw in a Kahles 30 mm 1.1-4 scope without rings for the lucky buyer. All for $ 3,000 plus shipping to your FFL.
I have killed one tuskless elephant with this rifle, but now have a Searcy 470 to takes its place.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The LH Remington 338 Ultra Mag mentioned above has been sold.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whoops! The Kahles scope has been sold seperately and is no longer included in the above deal.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Ruger 458 Lott has been sold. Thanks.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!