THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    African or Alaskan in LH; ***LH 375 Africans will be available end of January!

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African or Alaskan in LH; ***LH 375 Africans will be available end of January!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do we have an option for the Alaskan or African in Lt. hand?

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
According to their website its the African model. It doesnt look like a bad piece of kit either.

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
If you all don't mind, I'd like to hear when any of you actually see a LH model in the flesh. I gave an Anchorage gun shop a deposit for one when it becomes available to them.

Posts: 9207 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Is this a for sure thing? When did they finally decide to make the LH African?

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Last I looked, Ruger's website listed a color photo of the left hand African due out "mid 2007," No biggie to me, but I would like to have it.

Posts: 9207 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Last I looked, Ruger's website listed a color photo of the left hand African due out "mid 2007," No biggie to me, but I would like to have it.

But we also seen Craig Boddington hunting with one! and this was BEFORE Ruger decided weather or not they would offer them.

Man I wish we could know one way or another....I have been putting off a .375 project for awhile now, waiting on them folks.

Rod

"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Utah Lefty on the 24hour campground forum reported he heard from a reliable source Ruger has already shipped a couple of the LH Africans.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Seriously now, no sarcasm meant in any shape or form, ain't these rumor mills just good clean fun?

I feel like a little old lady at her bridge club.

"No Dorris, I heard that,....."

Truely, no offense meant, it just struck me as really funny, and I'm certainly as big a contributor to the goofyness as anyone.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Sorry Scott if it seemed I was being sarcastic...I wasnt trying to be at all.

Rod

Bob Hagel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is where I read the rumor:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php...2/page/1#Post1886242

Bty, I never read anything from this poster that didnt turn out to be honest and reliable.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Ruger will do it then I have even greater hope that CZ won't be too far behind with the 550 in LH.

Fjor what it's worth, I was holding a RH African the other day and, aside from the barrel profile, it pretty muh felt like any other Ruger I have held; fairly slim in the hands and the magazine area seemed awfully small. This is by no means intended to suggest that the club CZ sends from the factory is any better but it does seem to have that large caliber feel in the hands. Let's be honest, though, and admit that the old advice about first shot placement remains as valid as ever.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All-
There is a LH Hawkeye 300 Win Mag on Auction Arms for $490.00 as I write this.
just my .02.

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
cmfic1,
Thankyou for your concern, but I didn't think you were sarcastic at all. You're posts haven't led me to think anything other than you are a gentleman.

I wrote what I did to try to assure others that I intended no sarcasm.

Best wishes to you and to all a very Happy New Year.

Perhaps the good news about the .300 LH available on the auction site means I can get my LH .375 soon!

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps the good news about the .300 LH available on the auction site means I can get my LH .375 soon!

Lets hope!!!

Rod

Bob Hagel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talked to Ruger yesterday, they are going to have a batch of Lt. handed 375 Rugers in the African hit the wholesalers later this month so if you want one get an order in.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Me first me first me first!

Let the elbow throwing, eye gouging, shin kicking and toe stepping begin!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just saw a magazine at the news stand with pictures of the the LH 375 Ruger and it looks like they will be here soon.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dirk,
Did Ruger comment about the lefthanded Alaskan ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Dirk,
Did Ruger comment about the lefthanded Alaskan ?

x2

I hate to look a 'gift horse' in the mouth, but the Alaskan is what I want.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I WANT A LEFT HANDED RUGER ALASKAN ALSO!!!!!

Posts: 11 | Location: CENTRAL CALIFORNIA | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Did handle an African .375 at the Ruger booth while at the DSC. Loved it. Also, when asked about a larger caliber, the Ruger rep smiled and winked...and I'm ugly. No comment on a LH Alaskan.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have all of you here not looked at the post below this one?? MarvinJ has had a .375 Ruger African in his hands since last Friday. The Distributor that his came from had 15 of them in stock. So I think you can all quit speculating and go out and buy one NOW!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote