New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako 75 in LH?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Did Sako ever make the model 75 as left hand magnums - 7mm RM, 300 Win Mag etc?

I seem to recall seeing some 270s and 30-06s a few years ago but that's it.

cheers,
- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The biggest I ever saw advertised were 7 mm Rem Mag, 9.3x62 and 9.3x66

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not believe Sako ever made the 75 with a magnum bolt face, only standard.
sbsmith

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sako ; Don't believe any Magnums were available in LH actions , as I was excited about getting another one
only in LH Mag. around early 1990's . Never found or heard of any available .

http://www.sakoa7.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAKO

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Hunting magazine had this in it saying that lefties were available in 7 Mag.

http://www.huntingmag.com/guns_loads/sako_0205/index.html

Guns & Loads

Sako 75 Hunter Left-Hand

By Daryl Carson

Now available in a left-hand model, the Sako 75 Hunter comes in a rich walnut stock and deep blue finish and is available in all of the popular deer calibers from .243 Win to the 7mm magnums. A detachable staggered magazine holds four to five rounds depending on caliber, and a two-position safety also includes a bolt-handle release. Weight is 7 3/4 pounds. Sako's Key Concept lock system, which uses a key to block the firing pin, comes standard. Suggested retail: $1,129 to $1,198. Beretta, (301) 283-2191, www.berettausa.com

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Frank ; Cool I may have to look into one of them , as if I needed another 7 mag !.

But none the less it's nice to see their thinking of us finally !.

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have 2 a sako lefty in 338 win mag.

and 270 win both sub moa shooters

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems that the folks at Peterson's Hunting
have their respective heads in a very dark place. Sako 75's were never offered in a magnum configuration from the factory. A quick visit to the SAKO website will confirm this. 25-06 yes, 9,3x62 absolutely...but no magnums.
sbsmith

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well are they or are they not available in Magnums left Handed ?. I can find nothing on them .

I have never seen one which is worth just what it implies . Would be interested in one that's

for certain .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc224/375:
Well are they or are they not available in Magnums left Handed ?. I can find nothing on them .

I have never seen one which is worth just what it implies . Would be interested in one that's

for certain .
sbsmith answered your question -- NO, THE LEFT-HANDED SAKO 75 WAS NEVER OFFERED IN MAGNUM BOLT FACE CALIBERS.

Sako/Beretta USA offered the Sako 75 LH in .25-06, .270 WCF, and .30-06 Springfield for the U.S. market. Period.

The Sako 75 LH was offered in additional calibers overseas. These are as follows:

6.5 x 55mm
7 x 64mm
9.3 x 62mm
9.3 x 66mm Sako

The magnum caliber left-handed rifles that the off-topic posters are referring are the Sako L691 magnum actions manufactured prior to the introduction of the Sako 75.

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks, I owned a matched pair of Sako 75's in left hand for years. They were a 375 H&H and a 340 Wby. Both were factory rifles and both bought from a wholesaler in northern Pennsylvania. I believe they were called accusport. I have in the past twenty years stumbled across several Sako 75's in left hand with a magnum bolt face. I knew a man many years ago that had over 300 Sako rifles in left hand. He hunted Africa and Asia for dangerous game and would never think of traveling without his complement of Sako rifles. He was such a fan that he went on several moose hunts courtesy of the management of Sako. This was pre-Beretta.

Joe

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Joe, the Sako Model 75 was introduced in 1997. Were your .340 and .375 from prior to that?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that I qualified my initial statement by saying "The biggest I ever saw advertised were 7 mm Rem Mag, 9.3x62 and 9.3x66" as this is turning into quite the controversy.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Miller:
Folks, I owned a matched pair of Sako 75's in left hand for years. They were a 375 H&H and a 340 Wby. Both were factory rifles and both bought from a wholesaler in northern Pennsylvania. I believe they were called accusport. I have in the past twenty years stumbled across several Sako 75's in left hand with a magnum bolt face. I knew a man many years ago that had over 300 Sako rifles in left hand. He hunted Africa and Asia for dangerous game and would never think of traveling without his complement of Sako rifles. He was such a fan that he went on several moose hunts courtesy of the management of Sako. This was pre-Beretta.

Joe
No you didn't. As George pointed out, you owned the earlier Sako iterations manufactured prior to the Sako 75. The left-handed Sako 75 did NOT appear until approximately 2003.

Reading really IS fundamental. homer

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I'm glad that I qualified my initial statemtn by saying "The biggest I ever saw advertised were 7 mm Rem Mag, 9.3x62 and 9.3x66" as this is turning into quite the controversy.
Controversy? What controversy? All I've seen are a few boneheads who can't seem to read and are unwilling to conduct the barest of research.

Stupidity is far from controversial. homer

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Jackie said;

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

I'm an asshole, I'm an asshole, I'm an asshole, I'm an asshole, I'm an asshole, I'm an asshole!

We know Jackie, you've proven it again and again and again and again and again.......

Posts: 9211 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King the Drag Queen:
We know Jackie, you've proven it again and again and again and again and again.......
Once again, Little Miss Scottie chooses to respond with rather weak invective, vice some actual USEFUL information.

Come on, Scottie, shouldn't you be away at your pedophilia support group instead of showing your ass on here? homer

And a question for everyone else:

Has anyone -- ANYONE AT ALL -- ever thought of trying the NOVEL idea of ASKING Sako directly about this? Or does interaction with other adults frighten you? coffee

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Once again, Little Miss Scottie chooses to respond with rather weak invective, vice some actual USEFUL information.

Come on, Scottie, shouldn't you be away at your pedophilia support group instead of showing your ass on here? homer

Has anyone -- ANYONE AT ALL -- ever thought of trying the NOVEL idea of ASKING Sako directly about this? Or does interaction with other adults frighten you? coffee

Exhibit "A"

Posts: 9211 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,
You don't need to prove anything to us. Its all crystal clear.
Ken

Posts: 190 | Location: Mountains of Virginia | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exhibit "A"
You're funny, Little Miss Scottie. Funny like queer, not funny "ha-ha." And you prove my point. You are absolutely incapable of offering anyone any useful information. It's all about "LOOK AT ME!!!! I'M ON THE INTERNET!!!! I CAN POST JUVENILE INSULTS ON THE INTERNET!!!!!" Isn't it, Little Miss Scottie? troll

Here's my information, Little Miss Scottie:

http://www.berettausa.com/contact_us.htm
http://www.sako.fi/company.php

That's bona fide Sako literature. You're also free to call or email both Sako and Beretta USA. If you're not too socially inept, that is.

Now let's all see you post something useful, Little Miss Scottie. For a change. homer

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
"Post something useful,...."

Thats funny Jack. Thankyou for providing Exhibit "B".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Post something useful,...."

Thats funny Jack. Thankyou for providing Exhibit "B".
Please, Little Miss Scottie, the floor is yours. Amaze us all and enrich our lives with your vast knowledge of left-handed Sako 75 rifles. homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn George, now you have me thinking. Are you sure the 75 came out in 97?

Joe

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both rifles were blued with nice Walnut. Safeties on the side such as a rem 700. The rear of the bolt was checkered, rosewood tips and caps. Red recoil pads and if memory serves were called the deluxe models. Both had Diamond checkering on the pistol grip and forend as well. The bolts were three lug but used a claw extractor. But I acquired both these rifles in the very early 90's. I could be wrong, but what were they if not 75's?

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
In 1997, Sako launched the M75, named for Sako's 75th anniversary. The 75 was externally similar to previous Sako models, but the construction was radically different featuring three symmetrical locking lugs and a detachable magazine. Before the 75, Sako hunting rifles (except the L46) did not have detachable magazines, but a hinged floorplate with the lock placed on the front of the trigger guard.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn George, now you have me thinking. Are you sure the 75 came out in 97?

Joe
Yes, George is sure. So is everyone else. You and you alone share in this present ignorance and obtuse point of view.

ONCE AGAIN, THE SAKO 75 WAS NOT INTRODUCED UNTIL 1997. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? DO YOU NEED SOMEONE TO READ IT TO YOU?

FUTHER, THE LEFT-HANDED SAKO 75 WAS NOT INTRODUCED UNTIL LATE 2003. IS THAT CLEAR?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both rifles were blued with nice Walnut. Safeties on the side such as a rem 700. The rear of the bolt was checkered, rosewood tips and caps. Red recoil pads and if memory serves were called the deluxe models. Both had Diamond checkering on the pistol grip and forend as well. The bolts were three lug but used a claw extractor. But I acquired both these rifles in the very early 90's. I could be wrong, but what were they if not 75's?
ALLOW ME TO RESTATE WHAT YOU APPARENTLY CANNOT READ. YOU HAD THE SAKO L691 MAGNUM RIFLES WHICH WERE MADE IN LEFT-HANDED CONFIGURATION PRIOR TO THE INTRODUCTION OF THE LEFT-HANDED SAKO 75. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? IS THIS FONT LARGE ENOUGH? BOLD ENOUGH? DO YOU NEED SOMEONE TO READ IT TO YOU?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Before the 75, Sako hunting rifles (except the L46) did not have detachable magazines, but a hinged floorplate with the lock placed on the front of the trigger guard.
FYI, the Sako 75 was available with an optional hinged floorplate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My mistake Frank. The two that I owned were both floor plate models. I apologize. Good enough rifles though.

Joe

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
ALLOW ME TO RESTATE WHAT YOU APPARENTLY CANNOT READ. YOU HAD THE SAKO L691 MAGNUM RIFLES WHICH WERE MADE IN LEFT-HANDED CONFIGURATION PRIOR TO THE INTRODUCTION OF THE LEFT-HANDED SAKO 75. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? IS THIS FONT LARGE ENOUGH? BOLD ENOUGH? DO YOU NEED SOMEONE TO READ IT TO YOU?

Ahem......

Dial it back Jackie....you're waking up the little children.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you DRG!

Posts: 190 | Location: Mountains of Virginia | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken in VA:
Thank you DRG!
What's wrong, Kenny Girl? You feeling left out? CRYBABY

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Anybody else find it odd that Jackie is so caught up in being an internet bully/ hero/ authority?

Jack, would it help to know that nobody cares about you or anything you say or do? Seriously dude, you're a faceless, nameless, probably placeless internet personality. All that adds up to zero.

Yeah I know, I'm wasting my time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody else find it odd that Jackie is so caught up in being an internet bully/ hero/ authority?

Jack, would it help to know that nobody cares about you or anything you say or do? Seriously dude, you're a faceless, nameless, probably placeless internet personality. All that adds up to zero.

Yeah I know, I'm wasting my time.
Please, Little Miss Scottie, what specific knowledge of left-handed Sako 75s did you want to contribute to the discussion? Anything? Anything at all? Someone of your ilk should be primed to dazzle everyone. Let's see something, Little Miss Scottie.

If, as you stated, "nobody cares about you or anything you say or do," then why do you continue to invest so much time and effort communicating with me and trashing my ads?
homer

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
If, as you stated, "nobody cares about you or anything you say or do," then why do you continue to invest so much time and effort communicating with me and trashing my ads?
homer

It really doesn't take that much time to lampoon you jack, I'm a fairly fast typist.

Good question and I'm just not sure why jack. Maybe I find your abrasive postings annoying and I react in kind. Bad form I know. Maybe I hope that I'll come off a little less obnoxious than you do and you'll be banned and I'll slip by. hilbily Hope springs eternal. Interesting that you persevere in you're endeavour to offend. I'd offer a "Best of luck." But I suspect it'd be futile.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
homer
It really doesn't take that much time to lampoon you jack, I'm a fairly fast typist.

Good question and I'm just not sure why jack. Maybe I find your abrasive postings annoying and I react in kind. Bad form I know. Maybe I hope that I'll come off a little less obnoxious than you do and you'll be banned and I'll slip by. hilbily Hope springs eternal. Interesting that you persevere in you're endeavour to offend. I'd offer a "Best of luck." But I suspect it'd be futile.
Or it's more likely that you possess some sort of character flaw combined with your latent homosexuality that drives you to make an ass out of yourself while you obsess over my latest postings.

homer

I couldn't care less if people think I'm abrasive and annoying. I'm not here to make friends, nor do I depend on internet "relationships" to drive my ego.

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
homer

Or it's more likely that you possess some sort of character flaw combined with your latent homosexuality that drives you to make an ass out of yourself while you obsess over my latest postings.

homer

I couldn't care less if people think I'm abrasive and annoying. I'm not here to make friends, nor do I depend on internet "relationships" to drive my ego.

Good thing too.

Because your latest posting just became your LAST posting.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a god!
Thank you very very much DRG!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto

Ken