THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    And another run of LH stainless Hawkeyes

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And another run of LH stainless Hawkeyes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This time they're just producing something previously discontinued - the .270 Winchester, same as they did with the small run of left handed .300 Win Mags.

I see Davidson's shows 47 on hand but the price is in the mid $700 range. I only found these since I saw a NIB LH SS laminted on gunbroker and decided to investigate.

Good for Ruger. Even if their LH SS rifles aren't something they can afford to keep in constant production due to low demand, if they turn out a small run every now and then that will at least keep some in the pipeline for those of us that do want one.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also, did you notice the number of 375's in stock bumped up after the sale fell off on the first of the year? They must have sent another batch to Davidson's.

I guess they are keeping us on our toes, looking for the surprise of the week. One thing all this has done quite effectively is bottomed out the prices to pretty much standard dealer prices. Why would someone bid way up on these or pay way overinflated prices, when next week, more could be added, or another run in something more desirable could pop out?

I'm seriously thinking now that they will just keep doing small uncataloged runs on this type of stuff. They are building what is selling. If the selling drops off on a certain one, they stop. But if they all get snatched up quick, they trickle out a few more. Then nobody can complain to them that they have a gun in their catalog that is impossible to find (at least in the lefty situation).

Still scratching my head about their new cataloged botched items, but that's another story in itself.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Noticed the .270s last week and also the increase in the number of .375s. When a LH stainless in .300 RCM shows up, I think I'd have to have one. Not likely, since the RCMs don't seem to be catching on. Too bad.
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I noticed the 270s as well but the 300 win mags and 375 rugers were on sale for quite a bit less. I noticed the stainless 25-06s and the 223s are not listed now.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a sale in the month of December on the 25-06, 300 mags, and the 375 Rugers. The 25-06 ones sold out (many sold in January). The 223's were not on sale, and sold very quickly.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote