THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    magnum sized action options?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

magnum sized action options?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
so now that it sounds like the montana lefthand ph action is a no go, what are the other options besides dakota?

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
not much unfortunately.

At one time I thought the Noreen actions were available in lefty. They are made by Waffenbrik Hein now. Haven't checked recently though.

There are a few other companies (Heym, etc.) that make the guns in lefty, but actions only are not available

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ 550

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Granite Mountain Arms, Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 1231 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Check out Stillers Precision Firearms (I think) at www.viperactions.com. They make the predator action in a hunting version for up to the 338 Lapua. Left hand too! God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1369 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A .339-sized action is a standard-length action, not magnum-length (think .416 Rigby, .505 Gibbs)).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If push-feed dpesn't bother you, the LH Mark V in the .378Wby./.516Wby./.460Wby. size is a magnum-length action.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Isn't the Montana Rifle Co. standard long action a little bit longer than the other maker's long actions? I know that their short action is.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12578 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I am not sure what length magnum you are looking for but the Predator Extreme from Stillers will accomodate the 378 Wby Mag. I don't know the lengths of the 516 or 460 Wby's. God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1369 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
You can get a left hand bolt and bolt face for the Blaser rifle in magnum size.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i was looking for an action for a 416 rigby. was holding onto hope for the montana. i think my hope is gone and now i have to look around.

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I should have a couple of the Stillers Predator Extreme actions in a couple of weeks. I will let you know how they are. Mine will be right hand though. Shouldn't be any difference in workmanship. God Bless, Louis