Notify
Tools

CZ here in Reno
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J_Zola:
1400 to 1900? Big swing in prices there. The 375 Ruger is looking like a better deal. What is the retail cost of a right handed CZ?

Search on Gunbrokers showed this one for sale for under $900:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...m.asp?Item=121849292

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will have a left hand 375 in the shop next week. We are currently making 3-position safeties and stock patterns for the new rifle. Only full rifles are available now, but we hope bare actions will become available for custom projects. We can re-barrel of course in anything up to 600 Overkill.

Posts: 1240 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in light of the fact m70s in the 375 H&H are going for $1500+, if one wants a big bore 375H&H and not a 375 Ruger, short of rebarrelling and/or other conversion work here is a contemporary African workhorse rifle in LH.

To each his own, I'm finally happy to see one show up especially after CZ spent many years putting us off! And the AHR guys are right; here is a LH platform to build about any big bore wanted upon with a usually good shooting factory barrel.

Mark Stokeld has done some nice work on these rifles in the past and his pics go to show what can be done merely working with a factory stock and a few modifications.

Thanks, CZ.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recently I watched a LH M70 375 H&H NIB on gunbrokers. Highest bid was $1,000. Seems that many types of rifles are dropping in value in line with the economy.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...m.asp?Item=120252480

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Here it is, I put my greasy tongs on it.

One will have my name on it soon!

By coachsells, shot with COOLPIX S210 at 2009-01-31

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's a different bolt handle from the RH version? any other diffs? how was fit/finish?

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Yep I noticed the bolt was a bit different. This was the first lefty 550 they had put together. The fit and finish was typical CZ, rough around the edges but OK.

I sure wish they would have brought it in at the same $850-900 dollar price point.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the thinking is on the pricing. I did a quick look at the popular manufactures and all use the same pricing for lefties. Including Dakota. Cooper is $200.00 more for a lefthanded action. I think $500.00 to $700.00 more is a bit much.

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ topfloor emailed me to say my rifle has been shipped. closer to reality finally.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
picked it up today. good grain flow in the stock. barrel and other metal is fine. this one does not feel particularly clunky in the hand either.