New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waffenfabrik Hein actions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey lefties! Does anyone have any experience with Hein actions? I want to use one for a gun project and would love any feedback available. While we're at it I would also like to hear from anyone with GMA experience.

Thanks,

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a LH 375 Hein on order which is due to be completed any week now.
I can post photos and offer feedback once it is received.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe, have you recieved your Hein yet?

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope, it is only about a year behind schedule and the only contact Hein has made with me is if I initiate it. So far this year I was told April, then I was told June. It is now August and I am not even going to call them anymore.
Not exactly stellar customer service at this point.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
So I guess my thought of ordering one in a .404J for a Summer '09 Safari is out the window?

Man its amazing how "Once Good" companies slide in the QC & Customer service! I aint saying WFF Hein in general but everything nowadays.

Rod

"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also been told (although I have not confrmed) that Hein has stopped building complete rifles and now only sells actions.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I also been told (although I have not confrmed) that Hein has stopped building complete rifles and now only sells actions.

Really? I will do a little investigating.....what a shame!

Rod

Bob Hagel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fired off another email to Hein early today. I will post back there response, if they respond.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Greg emailed me last week. I deleted so I cant quote it, but he did say that they are focusing on "Metalwork" ONLY at this time!

Too bad really.......

Rod

Bob Hagel

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Nice guys and a really nice action, but have been waiting on mine for close to a year.

505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I been waiting since Feb 06 with a promise date of 8 months. So I am only a year late and three promised delivery dates for this year have come and gone as well.
I think it was April when I last called and I was told I was third line to be finished and to expect the rifle in 6 weeks.
If Hein reads this I am fed up to the point where if they offered me my 50% deposit back I would gladly take it and order another MRC.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was in this mornings inbox:

Randy,
I am no longer associated with this business; I have sold my interest to Greg Hein. I have forwarded this message to him, but please direct all future correspondence to greg@rifleactions.com.

Karl

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg emailed me yesterday and apoligiozed again and told me my rifle was in progress and would be finished as soon as possible. Not sure what time frame he meant.
I told him I was comfortable with him returning my 50% deposit if he couldnt finish the rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still no rifle and no contact.
I forwarded this email to Hein just now:
Dear Sir;
Once again I am asking where my LH 375 rifle is? When I originally placed the order for this rifle on 2 March 2006 I was told it would be ready in a year or less.
March or Feb of 2007 I emailed asking the status of it and received responses such as "all the parts are here and it will be assembled soon" to "you are third in line". Follow up emails after that have been non existent unless I initiated them.
I really feel after waiting 20 months I am entitled to an honest answer as to when I can expect the rifle to be shipped. I ordered this in good faith with a 50% deposit and expecting it to be completed within the year time limit given to me.
If you do not feel like completing the order then please tell me and make arrangements to refund my deposit. If you wish to complete the rifle then I ask that you have it shipped to me by the end of Dec 2007. I am hoping you decide to build it but the choice is really up to you.
Thank you,

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Thats a good honest request. I sure hope they reply to you on a good note.....maybe they can save themselves from falling into the depths, like soooo many other outfits these days.
I know personally, they have gone from a pretty good outfit, to one I wouldnt give the time of day too....& I havent even had any dealings with them!

Best of luck to you.

Rod

Bob Hagel