Notify
Tools

Left-handed 798
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Response (Gloria) - 04/17/2008 08:38 AM
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in our products. We have received several suggestions similar to yours and appreciate you taking the time to write in. We routinely forward all suggestions to our marketing departments for review. Consumer feedback allows us to understand consumer perception of our products. The greater the number of suggestions for a particular issue, the greater the likelihood of implementing the suggestion.

Customer (1 1) - 04/16/2008 05:09 PM
When will Remington make the 798, 458 Win. in a left-handed rifle?

Roger Powell
Queen Creek, Az.

Question Reference #080416-000057

Gents,
The above from Remington...

If we could get enough response, it might alter their thinking of not producing left-handed 798's.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They at least have a prototype LH as Craign Boddington profiled one in an American gun mag article recently.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents,

With more than 100 plus reads, it shows an interest for a heavy leftie on the 798 platform.
If each poster could send an E-mail to Remington at the address from my post, maybe a little movement would be shown by Remington.
If you don't want to send one yourself, list your name on my post and I will forward a list to Remington.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger,

Why bother with "Big Green"? They obviously don't want to take a hit on their currently available L/Hed Remington 700 series.

Find a FFL Import/Export Dealer and have him order them directly from Zastava - the L/H Zastava's are available in Europe; although with the hideous walnut Hogback stock; not the Laminate.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerry,
Thanks for the heads up.
Pulled up their website, but nothing indicating left-handed production.

Roger QSL

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Rog,

Ya never know: they appear in cycles; the last batch actually had L/Hed 9.3x62's. That after I had a 9.3 put on a donor .30/06 Sprg.

Maybe https://export.frankonia.de//scripts/home/home.php can help?

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
I wrote Zastava directly about this a year ago & at the time they said Remington was planning on importing the Left hand actions.

Here are the facts....They are already being made & sold in Europe. What is the big deal for Remington to import them? I'd love to see "actions only" That way you can do what you want with them.

If anyone finds out how to import actions directly here through a stateside FFL importer, please post the information. I would LOVE to get my hands on at least (2) more left hand zastava mauser actions for projects to copliment my 35 whelen & 7x57 customs. I want to do a 338 win mag & a 375 or 458.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerry,
Thanks again,
Nothing at that site either.

Roger QSL

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo Roger,

Frankonia International's website is very limited and made for those, like yourself who are looking for something "special" - call them and ask if they can get their hands on a L/H Zastava for you.

Cheers,

Number 10

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are other avenues to get a lefthanded rifle. Montana Rifle Company makes barreled actions in long and short actions, and in standard and magnum action sizes. You could always have Nesika Bay or any of the premium action makers put something together for you. My next rifle will be built on a Barney Lawton 7500 stainless competition action. It's a steal at about 800 bucks...

http://www.6mmbr.com/actions.html

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
Did anyone ever track down a way to import left hand zastava actions? For individual use, not resale. Is it ...or is it not ...a viable option. Or has Remington locked it up & they have the sole right to decide if we can buy them here in the states or not?

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
iron buck,

i read this post and gerry has an idea that will work although a little bit involved. i have imported several firearms from australia for my own use.
the cliff note version is as follows.
1. find a dealer outside the usa that is in a country that the usa has trade agreements with. that dealer must be willing to do his country's paperwork to export. he must be willing to hold the item until all of the paperwork clears and also be willing to deal with currency exchange rates. he also has to have the weapon you want.
2. in the us you must find a dealer that will accept shipment from the shipper.
3. the buyer has to fill out the atf forms and customs forms and then sit back and wait.
the last one i bought took about three months for the transaction to be completed.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote