New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH Ruger finally here
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This Ruger 375 in the African is for my son. The dealer said the wholesaler had two (minus one). Paid 836.00 the rifle is going straight over to my gunsmith to get a one inch decelerator and getting bed job before it hits the range. They are out there!

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Thanks for the heads up

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dealer in Alaska had one (African) in stock on 17 Jan. Price was $899 OTD since we do not have sales tax.
Dealer is Boondocks in Eagle River.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Great Northern Guns hasn't called me yet.
I don't want to harass so I'll wait a little bit.

Posts: 9208 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
My dealer in Alaska had one in stock on 17 Jan. Price was $899 OTD since we do not have sales tax.
Dealer is Boondocks in Eagle River.

Went in to look at it & its gone supposedly
raffled off. Any one knows where I want a ticket.

kk alaska

posted Hide Post
A nice option for those who do not already have a .375H&H.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I got to hold a .375 Ruger Alaskan today and man does that thing handle nice! I absolutely love the stock on it.

I may end up with one in the safe in the future Big Grin Just from how the gun felt hillbilly

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you actually hold a left handed Alaskan?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you actually hold a left handed Alaskan?

Unfortunately the bolt was on the wrong side Frowner

(RH, that is )

The interesting part was it was in the used section.

One of Us
Picture of x-ring
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dirklawyer:
This Ruger 375 in the African is for my son. The dealer said the wholesaler had two (minus one). Paid 836.00 the rifle is going straight over to my gunsmith to get a one inch decelerator and getting bed job before it hits the range. They are out there!

Did you take delivery yet? I saw the RH version at Turner's a while back and the particular model that I handled was 'okay' at first impression but not a WOW impression.

Fit and finish were pedestrian and I really wish they'd left the floorplate alone (i.e. no RUGER logo).

On the other hand, to find a medium caliber LH new production rifle for under $850 anywhere is a pleasure in itself...and the question remains, how does yours shoot and handle (feed/carry/recoil) etc.

As an aside...I wonder if CZ will EVER realize that they would've had buyers jumping for a similarly configured rifle...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As an aside...I wonder if CZ will EVER realize that they would've had buyers jumping for a similarly configured rifle...

x-ring,

I doubt it will ever come to fruition; BUT THE REALIZATION DID OCCUR, somewhere between immediately after CZ's & Remington's initial business meeting or never in the foreseeable future IMO, since they probably got their ears laquered listening to Remington; their US business partners, telllng them they had the world all sewn up with L/Hed Model 700's.

Please make me wrong - one day.....

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DL,

Does your lefty flex at the forend? What I mean to say is, while holding the forend with your right hand, can you flex the wood to touch the barrel?

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ugh, sorry.......

Not only did I overload my Butt - got it wrong too.

Zastava, not CZ.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To date I have not shot the rifle, waiting to get a recoil pad on and rebed the rifle before I head to the range. I should be able to give a range report in two weeks. Plus, I'll have my Winchester M70 in 375 Ruger at the range also.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of x-ring
posted Hide Post
popcorn

RECTUM NON BUSTUS

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Great Northern Guns in Anchorage called today and said my LH African is at their shop and on the way to Dillingham.

Posts: 9208 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boondocks in Eagle River has one sitting in the rack for $899, I personally am holding out and hoping they offer this rifle in the Alaskan style.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Boondocks in Eagle River has one sitting in the rack for $899, I personally am holding out and hoping they offer this rifle in the Alaskan style.

x2 If they make a LH Alaskan I'll be buying one........

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote