New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left Hand X-Bolt???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A buddy of mine visited Sportsman's Warehouse in Roanoke, VA today. They told him they would be getting some LH Browning X-Bolts in shortly. There's no leftys on their website. Anybody heard anything?
Ken

Posts: 190 | Location: Mountains of Virginia | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's new to me, I haven't heard that one yet.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Me as well. I've handled the RH versions, and they're pretty nice. I'd say a significant upgrade over the A-Bolt. It's not really that unusual, as Browning has had a pretty decent history of supporting the LH shooter. Sooner or later they were going to introduce them.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw an ad where someone was selling a LH X-bolt, don't remeber where I saw it, but once I saw the pictures it was an A-bolt. I hope Browning does come out withe LH X-bolt, they are really nice. Their website does not say anything about it yet.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
According to the factory rep, you will see the LH X-Bolt in the 2010 catalog. Available in 2011. I have been hounding him pretty hard and that was the answer the last 2 times I talked to him.

posted Hide Post
Do we need yet another push-feed? bewildered

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:

George

Another option can't hurt? Although, if I were gonna buy a push-feed with composite (plastic) parts I'd prolley get a T3 again......

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
The website does show some LH T-Bolts, which is a great thing!

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wrongside:
quote:

George

Another option can't hurt? Although, if I were gonna buy a push-feed with composite (plastic) parts I'd prolley get a T3 again......

I'd like someone to fill the gaps, not pile on the standard fare.

There are several manufacturers who make LH push-feed .270/7mm/.30-06, but there are few LH varminters, and LH CRF big-bores.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd like someone to fill the gaps, not pile on the standard fare.

There are several manufacturers who make LH push-feed .270/7mm/.30-06, but there are few LH varminters, and LH CRF big-bores.

George

Could not agree more, George.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nanook 450
posted Hide Post
I'm not hearing good things about that X-Bolt, the triggers are breaking, magazine falls out without much effort - poor feeding and extraction.

Glad I have a .270, 375, 325wsm & 300 win mag in a left handed A-Bolt - that should hold me for a lifetime.

Posts: 247 | Location: Norman, OK & Marble Falls, TX | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I also read a thread of a new trigger that, as best as I can recall, broke in half...
There was not much love being lavished on the X-Bolt on this particular thread.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote