THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    New Lefty Swede! - Finally finished - Pics below

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Lefty Swede! - Finally finished - Pics below
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted
Since none of the major manufacturers want to make a decent 6.5X55 for us left-handed folks, I took matters into my own hands.

It started with a nice piece of claro I picked up from M1Tanker on this forum a few months back. I then added a stainless MRC action and barrel and some Talley bases...

It still needs to be checkered, and I haven't decided exactly how to scope it, but I'm thinking a 2.5-8 VX3 would probably look about right.

Pete

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Very nice, the things us lefties gotta do to get something nice! Awesmone choice on the chambering.

Whats the bbl. length & countour?
Who stocked it?
Is that the standard SS finish from factory? or did you have it blasted?

Put me @ the top of the list if you ever need to rid yourself of it....I have a worthy home Big Grin

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
It was built and stocked by Randy Hengl, formerly Territorial Gunsmiths of Minneapolis. This was the fourth rifle he's built for me on the same platform over the past few years.

It has a model 70 featherweight contour and is 22 inches. The finish is bead blasted.

I just ordered a set of rings for it tonight and already have quite a few loads to test. Hopefully it shoots as good as it looks!

Pete

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a quality checkering job at a very reasonable cost, try Clint Meier at www.cgm-gunstockcheckering.com/frame.htm

He checkered a custom .375 H&H for me. Outstanding work.

Straight shots,
Bill.

Posts: 258 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have said... He checkered a custom Left-hand .375 H&H for me.

Posts: 258 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. A 6.5x55 is on my list to...

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by talentrec:
The finish is bead blasted.
Pete

Do you know what he blasted it with?

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That wood is stunning! Very nice figure and gorgeous fiddleback.
You did well!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, +1 on the wood!
Now only if someone made a lam LH varmint stock, I would be happy.

Posts: 78 | Location: In the woods of PA. | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
That wood is stunning! Very nice figure and gorgeous fiddleback.
You did well!

+2! SWEET!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great-looking LH rifle in a sweethart of a cartridge!

Posts: 215 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful grain and a beautiful rifle.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous wood, great caliber..thats all i can say.
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
I finally got the checkering done on this rifle. I used Slim from Slim's Stock Shop in Lindstrom, MN. I also had him put in the sling swivels. I wanted full wrap around checkering and I think he did a great job!

Pete

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle. Now if I could only find a lefty 6.5x55...

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
talentrec, that is a gorgeous rifle!

Well done putting such a nice LH 6.5 together.

Ferret.

Posts: 12 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 16 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nanook 450
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle - just perfect - I've purchased about 8 VXL scopes - they gather light much better than my 2.5 x 8s and the 2.5 x 8s are all gone. Plus they sit as low as the 2.5 x 8.

Posts: 247 | Location: Norman, OK & Marble Falls, TX | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote