New
Find
Notify
Tools

New lefty "custom"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thought some of the lefties might enjoy a picture or three of my new 7mm Mashburn based on a LH Model 70 action.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweeeeet!

Posts: 158 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who made the stock?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2172 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Looks like another winner Chuck....anxious for a range report

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
Who made the stock?

It's a D'Arcy Echols McMillan.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's a heck of a working rifle!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While not up to internet standards, these represent initial load development while I fought daylight and three scrapping kids behind me. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ignore the top groups/holes. They are another rifle that I was experimenting with loads on. Keep in mind they are 200 yd groups and three different bullets and they start with a cold clean bore and group 5 was shot with a smokin hot barrel.

In my mind that is a pretty honest rifle. Thoughts?

posted Hide Post
Very, very nice. Looks great. Shoots great. Now we need the details:
barrel? twist? dia at muzzle?
stock - edge or fiberglass?
overall weight?
who built it?
what did you build it for (deer, moose, sheeps, goats, zombies)?

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Thoughts?

My inital thoughts is that the gun wont shoot, looks like crap & generally is a POS...better sell it quick....when do you want me to swing by & pick it up?...you pay for the gas?!?

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a Douglas #2 (0.600) 9 twist at 24"
Echols McMillan EDGE stock
7lbs 15 oz's as you see it
Built by Bill Leeper in BC
Built for Alberta so all of the above minus the Zombies.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmfic1:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Thoughts?

My inital thoughts is that the gun wont shoot, looks like crap & generally is a POS...better sell it quick....when do you want me to swing by & pick it up?...you pay for the gas?!?

I'm going to try and keep this one. Big Grin