New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako/Tikka
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just found this and thought I would share with my fellow Lefty's.
Thank you Sako/Tikka

http://www.tikka.fi/pdf/specs/HunterLH.pdf

Posts: 55 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well whadayaknow, a fully dedicated left hand stainless/synthetic heavy barrel Varmint rifle.
Hmmm, I like the looks of the wood stocked hunter. I wonder if this means we've seen the last of the LH Sako's.
Go to the Tikka website for the info.

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sbsmith. As far as i know, Sako is not interested in having its 2 brands compete with each other so my guess is we will keep seeing those sako LH in the future.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (Attributed to George Orwell).

Posts: 72 | Location: Aalborg Denmark (sometimes Mexico) | Registered: 12 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen any of these rifles other than the lightweight's, I like the sounds of the wood/blue hunter in 338 Fed. and a heavy barrel in 204!!!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
OK, so the Tikka's are available in LH but the Sako's are not. I wanted the laminate stainless or stainless hunter but it looks like those aren't available.

Anyone know a distributor for these?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Fjold ; Try these places . I just picked up a Tikka Lite Synthetic SS LH , Waiting for my scope to come so I can sight it . It sure feels NICE .AbleAmmo gave me a Good Deal as well as Terrific service shipping . I'm a Happy Camper .
archer

www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/36

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

www.ableammo.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=10480

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spoke with the Beretta rep and it sounds like Tikka Lite Synthetic SS LH is the only model that they plan on bringing o the states.
With that said, I have contacted Beretta several times about LH Tikkas and Sakos and have not been very impressed by anyones product knowledge or intirest in the the subject of LH guns.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's because we don't do it collectively !. ALL lefty's need to sign a petition and send it too the Manufactures so they KNOW we want LH Models .
#'s speak far louder than individuals .

What you say we get a LH petition started and sent by E mail to all the members of Gun forums ?.
It couldn't hurt and may just impress some manufactures new sales lacky into bringing it up at a staff meeting !.

Give it some thought as to what is of the most interest to you , then post it . I'll follow or lead then others hopefully will also .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a T3 Lite in 270 Win, it is a great rifle, very accurate, easy on the shoulder both in carry and in recoil. The price of spare clips is very high though ($50). The trigger is very nice too.
Don

Posts: 14 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 02 January 2007Reply With Quote