THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Looking for a left hand action std length/cheap 30-06 donor rifle.

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a left hand action std length/cheap 30-06 donor rifle.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted
Hi

I'm looking for a left hand action, std. length, 30-06. Here in Norway I can not get hold of anyone. I have all the necessary licences and I am in contact with a Norwegian firm which has an import licence. Do any of you have an action for sale, or know where to get one? Interesting actions are Ruger, Remington, Savage, Winchester. Although I can consider anyone as long as it is a left hand.

Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Posts: 182 | Location: Nord-Trøndelag-Norway | Registered: 20 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Guns america has several LH MRC actions

Does Midway still sell actions?

Can you bring in the whole rifle? If so you could likely find a cheaper doner gun.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
I could not find any actions at Gunsamerica, and Midway are quite expensive. I do also have an license for a 30-06 rifle. But if I shall purchase a rifle, it has to be a beaten up cheap rifle as the license fee and customs fee are considerably higher for a whole rifle than a action. But if any has a cheap left hand rifle in 30-06, I'm interested.

Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Posts: 182 | Location: Nord-Trøndelag-Norway | Registered: 20 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Lakelander,
I will make some inquiries with my
"smithing" buddies.
I prefer the CRF Winchesters(Japan), though the Savage and of course the Remingtons are fine (as are others.)

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
Thanks(again)

CRF Winchesters are fine. I already have a Savage in .35 Whelen with a Pac-Nor barrel. Very accurate, but i have replaced quite a few parts in the action. Rem 700 is also a good action. Being a left hand shooter your options are often limited, at least here in Norway.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunsamerica.com/971...nded_Long_Action.htm

Heres one.
I'm a lefty too, and I'm always watching for deals.....I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
I saw this one, but it has a magnum boltface. Montana are very good actions, but they're expensive.

I need a standard action as I am going to use it for the .400 Whelen.

But I appreciate all the help I can get.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lakie,

The MRC long action w/Mag bolt face has the potential to morf itself into a .416 Taylor?

Would be one step up from a 400 Whelen and give you a better cartridge shoulder. You could always load 'em a touch on the light side - would cover many bases?

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
Well, what can I say, I want the .400 Whelen. It's a true classic with a great heritage. I don't think the shoulder would be a problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put my fingerprints all over a LH Ruger Hawkeye in .270Win and another in .30-06 Springsteen today at the Cabela's just west of Reno, NV. Price for each was about $650, if I remember it right. I think the .270 was $550 and the '06 ws $650. Good prices, I thought. These were brand-new clearance guns, so prices in your area may vary...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote